FLORIDA ANYONE?? Please sign on map!

welcome-byc.gif
GreenEggsHam! You're not too far from me here in western West Palm Beach. I'm in a semi-rural community like yours, called The Acreage. If you're able to make the drive, we have a Poultry Fanciers club that meets in West Palm Beach each month, our big event of the year is manning the poultry tent at the South Fla Fair. Let me know if you're interested!

Quote:
I'm not familiar with the State Fair, but anyone can show at this Fair. You have to register your birds by the deadline, I think it's Dec 1, then bring them in the day before the Fair opens in Jan. I'm sure they have a website, let me know if you need more info, I'll try to find it for you.

Welcome Green eggs ham We used to live in western Davie. Moved up to Perry 10 years ago. Still have family down there in Davie and Plantation. Got too crowded for us My sister says I wouldn't even know it now.

Quote:
I'm not familiar with the State Fair, but anyone can show at this Fair. You have to register your birds by the deadline, I think it's Dec 1, then bring them in the day before the Fair opens in Jan. I'm sure they have a website, let me know if you need more info, I'll try to find it for you.

Oo could you pass that info onto me also? Been looking for it but haven't found anything. ^^

Hi my name is from Alexandra and I'm in jupiter. Got 42 chickens and two turkeys, but I'm eying some goats. I hope to get in touch with local bycers
big_smile.png

Greeneggsandham, your area is probably the only area down here in S. Florida, that still allows chickens! I've lived here all my life, and seen so much change, and not all of it has been good. Just how does your area keep rural, or semi-rural like you do? Its got to be tough, especially for S. Florida. They always want to change things. Look at poor Davie!
ep.gif
Thats not the small horse town it used to be, huh?

They lost Davie when the zero lot lines started. The idots sold off the big acreage and they built all those millon dollar homes. I grew up just outside of Dsvie and I remember Griffin road used to be part dirt going way out to 27. We used to joyride out there as kids some parts where so narrow you could barely drive your car through. Good place to shoot your guns though. My sister lives in one of the few places in Davie that still has acres even though hers is only builders acres its better than hearing your neighbors toliet flush.

Check out http://www.SouthFloridaFair.com for information about showing your chickens there. Go to that website, click on the Fair on the pull-down menu across the top, find Livestock, then click on Premium Book. They still have the one from last year's fair, haven't made next year's book yet, but it will give you a good idea about how to plan.

If you're close to Palm Beach County you can join our Chicken Club, http://www.PoultryFanciers.com Our biggest function is manning the Poultry Tent at the Fair & we could always use more help.

Is anyone NPIP certified? I have the guy coming next week and just wanted to know what he will be looking for or at. My "main" coop has not been built yet. Have lots of little cages to keep them in. Thanks for any replys.

P.S. Ad yourself to the map, first post on this thread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom