The Princesses rushed the door today and I thought I would hang out and play guard dog while they sampled the grass selection on offer.
But instead they made straight for my newly mulched beds and destroyed the edges. Sigh. Not sure why I bother really!
Meanwhile, back at the Palace the little ones adjusted their Sunday bonnets and went for a walk in the Palace grounds.
3B3970E5-4303-4CF8-B77F-9F3DD72D654C.jpeg
FAC87370-983D-4828-8600-C852BB95A0EE.jpeg
94180A26-C3D3-4B5A-9E62-7670CD058FD3.jpeg

Hi yall... I haven’t been here in a while because I bit the bullet and rehomed my bantams 😔 and I couldn’t bare to be here and talk chicken... had I realized what a devastating blow this was going to be I may have not done it... but as time has gone on I am coming to terms with it.. I had to keep reminding myself that I was ultimately doing them a favor.. in the long run. I must admit that the first few days I was torn apart with “abandonment issues”... and oh, how I miss seeing them in my flock 😢.... I even considered going back to get them but I knew that if I did and they became broody again then that would be even worse... I am broken hearted as I didn’t realize until now how much I loved them and that they were my favorites.
So sorry to hear this WhoDat, must have been a really hard decision. :hugs

That was my thought too Shad. I'm partial to peaty flavours myself, especially Jura. Apparently that makes me odd; y'know, a woman liking whisky!
Not at all odd by my book. Good taste is good taste.:D I haven't had Jura for a long time. I don't think I've seen it on sale here either.

Getting more than her share of publicity atm is young Moon.
Anyway, this is her getting driven off the nest by her sister who is about two thirds her size.
P8024304.JPG
P8024305.JPG

She went outside and Mel set about making her life a misery. Moon jumped into this bush to get away.
P8024306.JPG
P8024307.JPG

After a dust bath and some food she's back inside and on my chair!!!:rant
P8024311.JPG

Getting more than her share of publicity atm is young Moon.
Anyway, this is her getting driven off the nest by her sister who is about two thirds her size.
View attachment 2273680View attachment 2273681

She went outside and Mel set about making her life a misery. Moon jumped into this bush to get away.View attachment 2273682View attachment 2273683

After a dust bath and some food she's back inside and on my chair!!!:rantView attachment 2273684
I like this hen. She's got her own way of life and it makes her interesting. Like Fat Bird.

Caught another one!

Sadly just a ceramic egg I got to make myself feel better. The chickens don't like it. They keep throwing it out of the nest boxes. :confused:
Beetov-Hen hates decorations in her run (Her run) A year ago, I added some large colored marbles, to brighten up the run. Beetov-Hen pushed each one, back through the chain link fencing, outside of her sight. What a picky hen "The Beetov-Hen" :th

Back
Top Bottom