Jailbird

Overnight Tassels was pooping normally and this morning she was talking in her normal voice.
So I let her out after about 55 hours in the slammer.
She ate and had a looong dust bath - which she then shook all over me.
But when she saw Babs she went back to flaring out her feathers and going bok bok bok in her broody voice.
I also just heard her swearing loudly.
I don’t trust her.
If she sets foot in the nest box I will consider that jumping bail and will send out a bounty hunter to bring her back to jail.
IMG_6087.jpeg

The Remembrance Continues

Today we are going to explore all of the roost fights that Lilly either instigated or was involved in. Some of these are epic.

This one is a long determined battle between Lilly and Hattie. I have no idea why she just did not want poor Hattie to roost that night. A very young Aurora gets some pecks as well. You will also see Maleficent :love in this video.

Yet another take down of Hattie

Here is Lilly using Jabber as protection from Patsy. Lilly had grabbed the prime spot and Patsy just could not stand it. However, what to do about that rooster in the way?

Patsy and Lilly used to have epic roosting battles. This is a good example. The tunneling technique was always a favorite.

Just so everyone doesn't think Lilly was always unreasonable towards Hattie, how about a nice quiet roosting video. You can see Aurora trying to figure out where she should roost in this one. That spider web on the right is really annoying. I remember cleaning that the next day.

Wow she really wanted that spot! Looks like they all wanted that prime location. Isn’t it always the way in all coops.

Bird breakfastView attachment 3803721View attachment 3803720Even the babies came out with everyone else. I'm not taking out the heating pads yet, but they're mostly using at night only now. (They're up on the left with Hector)
Gosh they grow so fast ! I just love them!

Pictures are coming soon, but I also had a "screw-you" winter today. (The winter comes back to screw you). Wind was blowing like fury last night and I got tons of snowdrifts. I got blue sky and snow at the same time. How is that possible?! Yet it has happened twice this year now. I guess it's just the weather around these parts...
Snow is tolerable (drought warnings for Alberta this year), but why didn't it rain?

I guess I won't complain. The chickens (and cats, especially) don't like it, though. The cats didn't want to get out of the barn this morning.
how are the chicklets doimg?

Jailbird

Overnight Tassels was pooping normally and this morning she was talking in her normal voice.
So I let her out after about 55 hours in the slammer.
She ate and had a looong dust bath - which she then shook all over me.
But when she saw Babs she went back to flaring out her feathers and going bok bok bok in her broody voice.
I also just heard her swearing loudly.
I don’t trust her.
If she sets foot in the nest box I will consider that jumping bail and will send out a bounty hunter to bring her back to jail.
View attachment 3803798
awwww silly Tassles - are your hormones all wonky?

Mid morning, Sherlock limped across the living room. Got him to let me check a foot, not finding anything so had a kid hold him (laid down alongside Sherlock, wrapped arms around him and hugged him). Sherlock laid there and let me check feet (both front), only thing he did was flinch when I hit the tender spot. Finally found a Crack across one pad with something wedged in. Had to grab the tweezers to dislodge it. No whining, no snapping, no yipping, just a little flinch when it came out..

He now has his FAVORITE chewy treat.. what a good boy. He's let us pull cactus spines before, too. Much happier now. Finishing his chewy, the going out to chase a ball.

The Remembrance Continues

Today we are going to explore all of the roost fights that Lilly either instigated or was involved in. Some of these are epic.

This one is a long determined battle between Lilly and Hattie. I have no idea why she just did not want poor Hattie to roost that night. A very young Aurora gets some pecks as well. You will also see Maleficent :love in this video.

Yet another take down of Hattie

Here is Lilly using Jabber as protection from Patsy. Lilly had grabbed the prime spot and Patsy just could not stand it. However, what to do about that rooster in the way?

Patsy and Lilly used to have epic roosting battles. This is a good example. The tunneling technique was always a favorite.

Just so everyone doesn't think Lilly was always unreasonable towards Hattie, how about a nice quiet roosting video. You can see Aurora trying to figure out where she should roost in this one. That spider web on the right is really annoying. I remember cleaning that the next day.

That burrowing under technique always makes me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom