Thankfully I have not heard of any outbreaks in my area for some time. 2 years ago when it was bad everywhere I came to a conclusion and I still stand by it. I was hearing horror stories of flocks being confiscated in the vicinity of positive cases. You want to confiscate my flock first things first. You see that peg legged game hen running around over there. Catch her, without the use of a net or catch pole then we will talk. Oh and before you start, let me go grab a bag of popcorn first.
Be sure to film it for our enjoyment.

Broody Piglet.
I think she has stopped laying now, I will wait until tomorrow to be sure.
She is much better than Tassels or Sylvie at getting up to eat and drink.
Although I hauled her out for this picture so I could gather eggs. And yes, I forgot gloves. And yes, I got beaten up!
She also just produced the most unbelievably smelly poop in quantities that are hard to comprehend. She is only small! An elephant could be proud of her poop.
I think I will put her in broody jail when she hasn’t laid for 2 days (which never normally happens with her). I don’t want to leave her sitting for too long. But I do want to force a bit of a break in her laying schedule.
View attachment 3823495
She looks mean standing there. I would not mess with her.

She looks mean standing there. I would not mess with her.
Your instincts are right.
She has a fighter stance - ready to take on anyone that comes at her.
I have to stop thinking of her as cute little Piglet, and remember she has now connected to her inner dinosaur.
Pretty, but scary!

Broody Piglet.
I think she has stopped laying now, I will wait until tomorrow to be sure.
She is much better than Tassels or Sylvie at getting up to eat and drink.
Although I hauled her out for this picture so I could gather eggs. And yes, I forgot gloves. And yes, I got beaten up!
She also just produced the most unbelievably smelly poop in quantities that are hard to comprehend. She is only small! An elephant could be proud of her poop.
I think I will put her in broody jail when she hasn’t laid for 2 days (which never normally happens with her). I don’t want to leave her sitting for too long. But I do want to force a bit of a break in her laying schedule.
View attachment 3823495
If she's getting off the nest on her own daily, you could easily let her sit for a couple of weeks to the full 21 days before breaking her. As long as she's feeding and such on her own, she'll come through that in good condition. And get a longer break on eggs. If you wait the 21 days, she may wait a couple of months longer (as if raising chicks) before starting up again.

If she's getting off the nest on her own daily, you could easily let her sit for a couple of weeks to the full 21 days before breaking her. As long as she's feeding and such on her own, she'll come through that in good condition. And get a longer break on eggs. If you wait the 21 days, she may wait a couple of months longer (as if raising chicks) before starting up again.
Yes. I am toying with that. It depends a bit on the disruption to the others.
There is a fair amount of unhappiness. I am hoping it settles down a bit.

Mugs Monday
1000009062.jpg

the little ones today:

Back
Top Bottom