Fluid cell or secondary air cell?

I will thanks, yes I wondered, it’s been very slow growth, I couldn’t actually see it for 11 days, (except veins), I’m wondering if it’s not due to hatch till 35/38 days?
Do you have any idea what breed it is? Calibrate a thermometer and check the temp ASAP. If it's wrong you'd better adjust it fast before it gets deformities (unfortunately it may already have some).

Do you have any idea what breed it is? Calibrate a thermometer and check the temp ASAP. If it's wrong you'd better adjust it fast before it gets deformities (unfortunately it may already have some).
Not really at all, it could be a wood duck, black duck, water hen/eurasian coot, or something else entirely, which most are 28day incubation.. I checked with my good thermometer and it was spot on 37.5c (sorry not sure what that is in F)..

Not really at all, it could be a wood duck, black duck, water hen/eurasian coot, or something else entirely, which most are 28day incubation.. I checked with my good thermometer and it was spot on 37.5c (sorry not sure what that is in F)..
Ok, lol. That's good. It's perfect then.

Ok, lol. That's good. It's perfect then.
So I think I figured out what the fluid was, excess albumin, the duck internally pipped through a vein which I didn’t see for a while, i opened a small hole, and chick was becoming shrink wrapped, investigating further most veins had receded, there was a big clot behind duckies neck, the whole duck was surrounded by mostly clear gel substance (albumin?) and poo, the duck is small, it has been clinging onto life for 24hours now, still has almost an inch of yolk to absorb, do you think it has any chance of surviving? I haven’t seen the yolk shrink at all in the last 3hours, but it still has some veins attached to it..

If it's not absorbed yet, it may just not be ready, or is unable to absorb it for some reason. For the first thing you simply need to wait a while and see if it absorbs it. For the second thing, unfortunately theres not much (that I know of) that you can do.

If it's not absorbed yet, it may just not be ready, or is unable to absorb it for some reason. For the first thing you simply need to wait a while and see if it absorbs it. For the second thing, unfortunately theres not much (that I know of) that you can do.
I don’t think it was able to absorb it, this chick has been a fighter from the start, I’m hoping it can pull through and absorb the last bit of yolk🦆

Can you post a pic?
theres prolly several “I knows and should haves” involved in this pic, but it’s where we stand now... first pic is when I first put it in a cup and second was just now. It’s currently in the incubator and if I get it out to check I pop it under the lamp, I’ve given him a few tiny drops of honey water, he’s very weak🙁 but gives some cheeps every now n then..

Attachments

• AD9954DC-9E8E-4A97-845B-1932A8B0363E.jpeg
    AD9954DC-9E8E-4A97-845B-1932A8B0363E.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 4C33DBB2-9BE6-48D1-8B53-DE29D1A5A09B.jpeg
    4C33DBB2-9BE6-48D1-8B53-DE29D1A5A09B.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 5
Well poor ducky didn’t make it, the yolk had fully absorbed, but something else mustve been going on, :(

Oh no. I'm sorry. I didn't see these until just now. Poor thing. Do you know what breed he was? It isn't your fault. He probably had internal issues that no one knew about.
I'm sorry again. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom