FOGHORN LEGHORN~ "Lookit here son, I say, I say son, did ya see that hawk after those hens? ....

Thankfully the crows seem to like the urban area so not as many out in the burbs where my chickens live, but there is a hawk in one of those clips I swear. Btw there is a peregrine falcon that nests on the travelers tower (and has its own dedicated webcam) and I have seen it munching on a freshly killed pigeon. The crows seem to claim the fringe of the city. Kind of like birds of prey Outsiders. The crows are seriously a phenomenon. Been there for years too.

I just took it for granted, figured that crows were everywhere! Learning something new in the BYC forum.

We have a particularly insane amount of crows in the capitol region. One for the record books (even made an article in the NY Times). It is totally surreal in the late fall/early spring, when the sunset is around 5:30. The skyline is really like something from a Hitchcock movie during the commute.

(first attempt at links)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2AKRPYqRw4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WBy3N33cxI

Oh man, that would drive me crazy.
ep.gif

We have a bald eagle about three hundred yards away.And a Osprey? that is near the eagle by the lake.
Racoons and skunks also.
I had to put down one of my brown LH chicks.It had a broken leg.Im guessing it was smaller than the others and got run into.It was preety sad,It didnt put up any fight as i held it.It sure was preety.The leg joint was all broken up and it was dragging the leg behind it. It was suffering.

We have a bald eagle about three hundred yards away.And a Osprey? that is near the eagle by the lake.
Racoons and skunks also.
I had to put down one of my brown LH chicks.It had a broken leg.Im guessing it was smaller than the others and got run into.It was preety sad,It didnt put up any fight as i held it.It sure was preety.The leg joint was all broken up and it was dragging the leg behind it. It was suffering.
That was tough, I bet. But humane. Sounds like you have your share of predator pests as well. Good luck!

Sorry kap, it's never fun to have to do that. I had one break it's leg just this past winter. Man, that made me so upset. Glad my DH took care of it. :(

Back
Top Bottom