Font size

I would actually rather not need the font to be a different size šŸ˜… unfortunately there are many, many things that are made that are not accessible for people who are disabled, which is why things like this are so important (having a disability already makes normal day to day things hard, then to be able to do a lot of things I have to jump through hoops to just be able to do it)

If it causes no real issues for others and can have a large positive affect for some, then those some should be able to access it

There are a lot of other things I and other disabled people have to pay for that we wouldn't need unless we are disabled. And most of them are expensive!

I know it may seem like a small thing to most people on here but it does actually make a big difference for those who need it!

I completely agree!
The default should be disability friendly. Just like handicap bathroom features like sinks can feel awkward for the physically able, an aesthetic preference can't possibly be as important as disabled members being able to access the site! @Nifty-Chicken
Let the paid memberships be able to reduce font sizes, even choose different fonts to read everything in.

I completely agree!
The default should be disability friendly. Just like handicap bathroom features like sinks can feel awkward for the physically able, an aesthetic preference can't possibly be as important as disabled members being able to access the site! @Nifty-Chicken
Let the paid memberships be able to reduce font sizes, even choose different fonts to read everything in.
Did you miss this post:

FYI: Leveraging the support from our Premium Feather Membership program, we hired a developer to create an new feature for the PFM's to have the option of changing their font size.

If you are a PFM, you'll see this new option in your profile:
View attachment 3781236

... and able to select a smaller or larger font size:
View attachment 3781235

A huge THANK YOU to the PFM's for making this possible!

Did you miss this post:

No, I didn't miss it, I was responding to it and other messages. The nuance is, the default should be larger text to widen accessibility for the disabled. Rather than defaulting to smaller text and requiring the disabled to pay for a PFM just to use the site.

No, I didn't miss it, I was responding to it and other messages. The nuance is, the default should be larger text to widen accessibility for the disabled. Rather than defaulting to smaller text and requiring the disabled to pay for a PFM just to use the site.
The font stayed larger.
PFM can reduce it now if the larger size was bothering them.

Disabled people are not required to pay to use the site.

Any person can choose to purchase or entry numerous contests to WIN a FREE premium membership at any time.

The font stayed larger.
PFM can reduce it now if the larger size was bothering them.

Not for us! My font went back to small again.
SpottheCat was talking about the same thing, she's who I originally quoted.
As a PFM, you may not be able to see what we see, your font will remain larger behind the paywall unless you modify it.

Disabled people are not required to pay to use the site.

Any person can choose to purchase or entry numerous contests to WIN a FREE premium membership at any time.

How would a disabled person enter a contest if they can't read the site?
Sorry, but I think you are misunderstanding my original post and my attempt to clarify it. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who has trouble with their vision and try to imagine winning your way to easy access. That's why SpottheCat was emphasizing that there's plenty of features that can stay behind a paywall, but accessibility should not be one of them. And I agree with her.

I dont think it really matters what size your font is. (For the people that may not be able to see the small font, it will definitely help so that is a plus for them) You are here to enjoy the company of other people who love the same animals or things you do. If you just joined you wouldnt even know there was a difference. Its just text. Small or big.. it gets the same message across.

Not for us! My font went back to small again.
SpottheCat was talking about the same thing, she's who I originally quoted.
As a PFM, you may not be able to see what we see, your font will remain larger behind the paywall unless you modify it.
Your post with my PFM account. I had changed my font back to the smaller, so my text is small.

1000000360.jpg

This is the same post, but viewed from my non-PFM account. The font size is the default. See how it is bigger?

1000000361.jpg

If there's an issue with your font size, please clear your browser and cache, restart your device, and see if it is back to default.

Back
Top Bottom