FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND DUMB GUN LAWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Lmao
Don't be naive as a man who has been employed by the government for a long time , running Ops inside and outside the united states , we surly need to worry about our government just as much as any other country .
maybe more so , at least other countries let you know where you stand, here we lie and hide behind a false democracy when we are truly a regime

Anyhow , i think this thread has gotten way to political and im out , maybe the mods should give this one the boot before people get all butt hurt

In my county there was a woman who killed her boyfriend/husband/live in lover using a bowling ball while he slept on the floor. dropped it on him several times in order to kill him, claimed he was abusive, I have no clue if he was or not but she got off free. There has been a few people here intoxicated by booze or illegal drugs and kill people with a boat or a car. As of yet I have not heard of people coming out in favor of banning booze, bowling balls, boats and cars. And some people have been robbed or killed by knives but still no "knife control" laws have been offered.

You think that nut in Norway who killed 77 people could have done so with a bowling ball? I think that is the point behind restriction of weapons. How lethal they are.

Comparing the deaths of a few hundred people via bombs to the hundreds of thousands of people killed by guns is kind of a stretch, hemet dennis. Not as big of stretch as bowling balls though.

Last edited:
You think that nut in Norway who killed 77 people could have done so with a bowling ball? I think that is the point behind restriction of weapons. How lethal they are.

What kind of gun did Jack the Ripper use? What kind of gun was used to kill all those people on the airplanes on 9/11???? using your logic lets ban all aircraft. no planes period end of story, BTW a classmate of mine was killed in a plane crash in the everglades several years ago, it went down due to the stupidity and immoral choices made by the owners of the airline.

Banning anything described as a weapon is not the answer to stopping crime. We are a nation of laws and we need to uphold those laws, provide security where needed. Taking away the rights of all for the sake of a few is not democracy it is the actions of a regime. The gun used in Portland jammed which caused less deaths so had that same gun been in the hands of someone who knows how to properly clean and maintain the weapon as to not jam (proper ammo) that weapon then would have been more lethal. But it was not "more lethal" in and of itself. Watch what a person can do with a 22cal. semiauto with a factory tubular magazine. A gun in the hands of someone who has never shot one regardless of weapon type would not be very lethal at all, I have seen how poor of shot those guys are. During the civil war a good southerer could reload a cap and ball in 8 seconds.

I do agree with you that restrictions are about lethality but the problem is it doesn't work... it does appeal to the masses though and the uneducated.

Last edited:
Nobody banned planes after 9/11 but there was serious reform. You can't even bring mouth wash on an airplane anymore. I think the gun control debate is offering a similar approach. Nobody is saying you can't have guns they just want to restrict the most lethal versions of guns. You can use the slippery slope fallacy all day, oldrooster, but it would probably be better if you didn't. I never called for a ban on anything and I haven't even made up my mind on restriction. I will say this, I've seen both sides of this debate and one side posts logical, thought out responses and the other one relies on absurd comparisons and overly sensationalized comments intended to stir up emotions.

People in America tend to do strange useless things when they are confronted with an issue that they refuse to accept that they have no definitive answer or solution to fix it. These are the things that logic and common sense are brushed aside and we do what is popular or feels right without taking into account the unintended consequences which with guns is that sales always go up with these ban laws which puts more guns in the public arena.

I personally would start with security and making schools smaller, more managable and a size that is easier for LE to patrol. It may not prevent all shootings but as any chicken owner knows the more birds you have in one area the more attractive it is to a killer and the smaller the area the easier it is to protect.

Maybe a good responsible chicken owner needs to design security for our schools...
old.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom