FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND DUMB GUN LAWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody banned planes after 9/11 but there was serious reform. You can't even bring mouth wash on an airplane anymore. I think the gun control debate is offering a similar approach. Nobody is saying you can't have guns they just want to restrict the most lethal versions of guns. You can use the slippery slope fallacy all day, oldrooster, but it would probably be better if you didn't. I never called for a ban on anything and I haven't even made up my mind on restriction. I will say this, I've seen both sides of this debate and one side posts logical, thought out responses and the other one relies on absurd comparisons and overly sensationalized comments intended to stir up emotions.
Actually they did ban all air traffic after 9/11 for about a week or longer. The reform you refer to was higher security which is ironic that that is what LaPierre said we needed.

The planes used on 9/11 were Boeing 757s mabye we should ban them and use DC10s because they are less lethal...

Last edited:
People in America tend to do strange useless things when they are confronted with an issue that they refuse to accept that they have no definitive answer or solution to fix it. These are the things that logic and common sense are brushed aside and we do what is popular or feels right without taking into account the unintended consequences which with guns is that sales always go up with these ban laws which puts more guns in the public arena.

I personally would start with security and making schools smaller, more managable and a size that is easier for LE to patrol. It may not prevent all shootings but as any chicken owner knows the more birds you have in one area the more attractive it is to a killer and the smaller the area the easier it is to protect.

Maybe a good responsible chicken owner needs to design security for our schools...
old.gif

I agree, in my area they have one door all persons who wish to enter the school during the school day must use, it has a person there to sign them in and it is close to the office in most schools (some where built with a poor design before the policy went into place) so if a commotion would happen at the sign in desk the office could call law enforcement and sound a lock down, sure you might get a nut locked in the school but hopefully locked classrooms doors would prevent most problems.

I agree, in my area they have one door all persons who wish to enter the school during the school day must use, it has a person there to sign them in and it is close to the office in most schools (some where built with a poor design before the policy went into place) so if a commotion would happen at the sign in desk the office could call law enforcement and sound a lock down, sure you might get a nut locked in the school but hopefully locked classrooms doors would prevent most problems.
The elite in Hollywood have security that keeps the nutjobs out of their estates very effectively. I refuse to beleive we are not capable enough to do this for our kids.

Isn't that what they did in the last school shooting ? Hiding behind a locked door isn't much protection.

thumbsup.gif
.i also agree.They say guns kill.how many people are killed by drunk drivers.outlaw alcohol.

Nobody banned planes after 9/11 but there was serious reform. You can't even bring mouth wash on an airplane anymore. I think the gun control debate is offering a similar approach. Nobody is saying you can't have guns they just want to restrict the most lethal versions of guns. You can use the slippery slope fallacy all day, oldrooster, but it would probably be better if you didn't. I never called for a ban on anything and I haven't even made up my mind on restriction. I will say this, I've seen both sides of this debate and one side posts logical, thought out responses and the other one relies on absurd comparisons and overly sensationalized comments intended to stir up emotions.
Clearly you haven't read all the posts. I certainly don't blame you as there are many, and that would take considerable time, but if you had read ALL the posts you would not be saying that. There were a few well thought out replies from both sides bringing up interesting ideas and points.

Last edited:
People in America tend to do strange useless things when they are confronted with an issue that they refuse to accept that they have no definitive answer or solution to fix it. These are the things that logic and common sense are brushed aside and we do what is popular or feels right without taking into account the unintended consequences which with guns is that sales always go up with these ban laws which puts more guns in the public arena.

I personally would start with security and making schools smaller, more managable and a size that is easier for LE to patrol. It may not prevent all shootings but as any chicken owner knows the more birds you have in one area the more attractive it is to a killer and the smaller the area the easier it is to protect.

Maybe a good responsible chicken owner needs to design security for our schools...
old.gif
Well Well I think finally someone has a great solution make smaller schools, easier to control cheaper to operate but these days all our school boards wants to do is consolidate to make bigger schools because they say it is cheaper but saying and proving is 2 different thing.

Isn't that what they did in the last school shooting ? Hiding behind a locked door isn't much protection.

I didn't hear anything about a checkpoint in the school or a lock down, sure a locked door isn't much protection but it sounded as though the staff either didn't have any kind of lock down system in place or they never implemented it. That was my point if they called a lock down you would have a half dozen kids at worst in the hallway/office/restroom and hopefully police on the way so the easiest targets would be those few kids and the administrators at the school whom presumably are adults and can try to figure out how best to try to keep themselves and the kids alive. I am not saying the children outside of the classrooms are not as important as those in the classrooms but given the choice is 1 childs life more important than 20 or so children, I would hate to have to make the choice knowing Bobby or Sally is not in a locked classroom but given the choices, there is no other logical option.

I didn't hear anything about a checkpoint in the school or a lock down, sure a locked door isn't much protection but it sounded as though the staff either didn't have any kind of lock down system in place or they never implemented it. That was my point if they called a lock down you would have a half dozen kids at worst in the hallway/office/restroom and hopefully police on the way so the easiest targets would be those few kids and the administrators at the school whom presumably are adults and can try to figure out how best to try to keep themselves and the kids alive. I am not saying the children outside of the classrooms are not as important as those in the classrooms but given the choice is 1 childs life more important than 20 or so children, I would hate to have to make the choice knowing Bobby or Sally is not in a locked classroom but given the choices, there is no other logical option.

He shot his way through the front door and if there had been someone to check people in then it would have just been another dead person. The alarm was sounded and all the class rooms went to lock down and hid behind locked doors. He killed everyone in the first class room and was moving to the next when the police showed up and he killed himself.

I know several good responsible chicken owners who have gone to home schooling and their kids have done especially well with it. I remind the children every chance they get how fortunate they are; I went to a city school where violence was rampant and I wish my parents had done the same for me. Having children is no longer an option for me but if I had them, I would never send them into one of our schools today.
old.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom