FOOD FOR THOUGHT AND DUMB GUN LAWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also to address an issue that several people have mentioned about celebrites, the pope and the president having armed security. What world do you live in? Many of these people face daily threats; some serious, some not so serious. They are often very real targets, especially religious and world leaders. Most schools are not daily targets, most banks aren't even daily targets. Again it is not comparing apples to apples but apples to unicorns.

I'll bet there's a bank robbed everyday banks are open. The building at Ft. Hood was a no guns allowed building and the building wasn't guarded. There was a armed "police force on the base. There's hard targets ( the President ) and soft targets ( schools and other places that guns aren't allowed ). Airplanes were soft targets.

Not that I think anyone should be required to be armed, but I dont think they should be required not to.

Fact is that you can ban every gun an you will get nowhere.There are already more guns than people. Ad that to the fact that you can build an AK style gun with 2 peaces of pipe, a nail, some sheat metal an some basic hand tools. An a clip is just a box with a spring. The thing is that full auto is easy to make, semiautomatic takes more parts an skills. So if you ban ARs, there will be a new black market that will most likely be full of full auto AKs.. An thats not even getting in to what can be done with a $500 3D printer.

The Auto Club is not a car advocacy group, they are an insurance company... The NRA is against gun insurance.
he.gif

Gee I have been a Life Member of the NRA for 25 years and the give you insurance for your guns. So where did you get your info about the NRA being against insurance? I will being waiting patiently for your link and anything from the HuffPost you can forget.

Quote:
I carry on school property here all the time.. Though the law says I can, I dont carry inside the school building.. Sheriff does not ether though..

3. Short arm of the law: In Utah, a person under felony indictment can buy a gun, and a person charged with a violent crime may be able to retain a concealed weapon permit.
Do proses...

5. Sweet Jesus! In Louisiana, permit holders can carry concealed weapons inside houses of worship.
Private property so the state should have no say.

6. Without a trace: Virginia not only repealed a law requiring handgun vendors to submit sales records, but the state also ordered the destruction of all such previous records.
Probably cause the news likes to get that info an give it out, telling criminals where to steal guns.

Lets start with enforcing the ones we have on the books first? All laws not just guns ones. I am pretty sure it was illegal for him to have a gun in his possession due to not being licensed, so what could have prevented this tragedy? This kid was hell bent and no amount of laws or bans were going to stop this freak. Perhaps if a teacher had a Glock 40 it may have been prevented to a degree.

There is no such thing as sensible guns laws more so when people with no sense are writing them.

lau.gif
Sorry, had to... I figure only one side will get the joke though.

The memories of that video caused me physical pain, Reb.
he.gif

I will now steal this and post it all over Facebook. You know the Brady Center thinks that a flash suppressor allows someone to shoot unseen in the dark, don't you? They have no clue what they're talking about. They also have this bizarre idea that a sound suppressor actually silences a gun.
roll.png

Just for Chickened...Columbine had two armed police officers, and Fort Hood had several armed and trained officers. Didn't seem to make much difference. At a high school campus here in Texas, with multiple buildings and 2000+ students, single armed officer would have little chance to identify, find and defeat an well armed shooter. If the shooter drops the guns and moves to another area of campus, would the cop on campus even be able to identify the shooter if he was a student? The Aurora shooting took less than 7 minutes, if my kid's school was on lock down, and the cop had to get to the far side of the campus it would take about that long. My kid's school has over 20 buildings if you include portables, and admin buildings and it has 2600 students. The two SROs there could not prevent a tragedy like the recent one in Conn.

I think expecting to have armed officers at every school at the very best provides only a false sense of security.
I'm not sure what alternate reality you are living in but take the secret service for example it was originally for investigating counterfietting american currency and has evolved into what it is today. When I say we need armed guards at our public schools I am not referring to rentacops but an intelligence network that is embedded in the school culture and is effective, I assumed you knew that. If we are serious about protecting our children and want an effective program we need to first be willing to pay for it and secondly dismiss this liberal minded idea that having security at a school is somehow undignified or looks bad in a free society or whatever reason you may have to be opposed to the idea. How many more shootings do we need before we do some serious security measures. Doesn't every other security program adapt to the needs to make a place or person more secure? Why should schools be any different. Maybe even educate the kids on the gun culture in America so they can be prepared for reality.

http://history1900s.about.com/od/famouscrimesscandals/a/columbine_4.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_school_shooting

I am unable to find any info that Columbine had armed guards in the school. They did have a sherriff there exchanging gun fire within minutes though.

There's a city here in Calif. that the Mayor wants to publish the names of all the businesses that refuse to prosecute shoplifters. Now the businesses are all upset. Now why would they not want that information out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom