Food Mix for Broad breasted Bronzen turkeys

Mrs.Johnson

Songster
6 Years
Jul 25, 2017
Northwest Florida
Good Evening,

I have 4 Broad breasted Bronze turkey....they don't like the all flock pellets, chick starter, scratch feed....they LOVE meal worms and black fly larva....which is what I've been feeding (it started as a snack but since they stopped eating the other stuff). They will PICK the bugs out of the feed if I try to mix it together. They are free range, but I want to make sure they are getting the nutrition they need. They are pets and wont be eaten, so I'm not trying to fatten them up just keep them healthy. They are about 3-4 months old. Thank you for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Sally

Good Evening,

I have 4 Broad breasted Bronze turkey....they don't like the all flock pellets, chick starter, scratch feed....they LOVE meal worms and black fly larva....which is what I've been feeding (it started as a snack but since they stopped eating the other stuff). They will PICK the bugs out of the feed if I try to mix it together. They are free range, but I want to make sure they are getting the nutrition they need. They are pets and wont be eaten, so I'm not trying to fatten them up just keep them healthy. They are about 3-4 months old. Thank you for your suggestions.

Thanks,
Sally
If you want them to live long healthy lives, cut out the chick starter, mealworms and larva now. If you can get it, switch their feed to Purina's 12% protein game bird maintenance feed and let them have free range time.

Awesome! Thanks, they free range all day everyday and go up at night for protection. I used starter feed ( i had it on hand for some ducklings and goslings) trying to get them to eat something when they stopped eating all flock. Thank you guys for the info. They were not happy about no bugs this morning ;)

Back
Top Bottom