For the new folks that haven't experienced a molt yet.

Pics
Quote:
Chickens use their feet and toes so much, scratching for food.....I don't think trying to put booties on them would be a good idea. Maybe you are interpreting their behavior as cold feet when it is something altogether different?

Gosh, I've sure been tempted to cover their poor, little, frosty feet, but their entire world hinges on scratching in the dirt with their feet. To hamper that ability would be imposing maximum frustration on them. Like making you go do your job with mittens on your hands.

She is a beautiful girl
thumbsup.gif
, my little polish banty looks rather a lot like her but with the hairdo on top. LOL
ya.gif

Quote:
Chickens use their feet and toes so much, scratching for food.....I don't think trying to put booties on them would be a good idea. Maybe you are interpreting their behavior as cold feet when it is something altogether different?

I know for sure it's cold feet! They always tuck them into my hands to warm them up when I pick them up and they are freezing cold. And they only do the behavior when the grass is frozen. Was just a thought. I am aware they use their feet so much, was trying to think of ways to accommodate this, when the thought was flying around in my head. Thank you for your advice/answer! Most appreciated!
smile.png

Quote:
Here is a chicken wearing her sweater:
(A friend who knits sent this to me.)
http://plumcreekmama.blogspot.com/2009/10/hen-sweater.html

Oh, thank you so much for that! Was looking for a pattern to use for my girls. :eek:) I forwarded it to my Mother who wants to give it a try first for her "grandchickens"! Ha ha ha! "Grandma's" get first dibs on spoiling the babies!
gig.gif
love.gif

You are welcome...can't wait to see pics of what "Chickma" makes for her grandchicks
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom