found a good non toxic wormer

firem3

Songster
12 Years
Sep 15, 2007
Odenville Alabama
Pig Swig by LaGear. I didnt see where anyone had ever tried this before but it was recommended by my Co-Op rep. He says he uses it and it works wonders and the best part that i found about it 1, its not toxic, 2, it only has a 72 hour period to not eat the eggs which would save alot of eggs depending on your situation. Just thought id let you know.

I just did a google searcnh and found some at

http://www.petvetsupply.com/wrmmgoo001.html

Thanx, this is the kind of product I've been looking for.
big_smile.png

Basically, it's the same thing as Wazine, from what I saw online. It will get roundworms, but not tapeworms, capillary worms, or gapeworm. Found this on a website:

Active Ingredients
Each 100 mL or 3.33 fluid ounces contain 17 grams of Piperazine as Piperazine Monohydrochloride with preservatives, color and flavoring added.​

Last edited:
i called the company and they say it is safe for layer hens, and you have to wait for 72 hours to use the eggs, I dont know what the deal is could it be a lesser dose than wazine cause its my understanding that there is a long down time for eggs and it is toxic.

I found that Wazine has 34 grams piperazine as opposed to half dosage(17 grams) in Pig Swig. That's why the shorter downtime, however, will that get what you want? And it only treats roundworms in chickens, so you would miss other types. It's the same drug, but you pay more for it as "Pig Swig" which has half the potency. I'd say all chemical wormers are toxic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom