Four Quilt Projects...Three Finished, One Ready to Quilt (Photos)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Hi, all, been awhile since I talked quilt here. Finished a bed runner and a couple of table runners, which are all up for sale in our store. Now, a 25" square table topper is pinned and ready to quilt. When the weather is warmer and I can spread it out in the basement, will start on pinning my queen size spring quilt I pieced last year, but thought you might like to see these three projects.

Bed runner:

Log Cabin Table Runner:

Sage & Aqua Spring Table Runner:

And the God's Eye table topper, ready to quilt. All quilting on these projects is done by hand.

The spring bed quilt that will be for ME, in the Tennessee Waltz pattern. Odd to see that green carpet, pre-house fire. My one New Year's Resolution is to finish this quilt and get it on my bed.

Last edited:
Quilting has begun on the God's Eye table topper, with 9-10 stitches per inch. I used to be able to do that all the time, was even accused once of machine quilting a hand quilted piece a distributor was selling for me at a country fair. My hands don't cooperate much anymore, but when you use black thread on a bright color, those stitches had better be good!

Thank you! I was trying to continue the project last night after an exhausting, frustrating day around the farm, while my DH was practicing his violin in the same room. Needless to say, I didn't get far, only a few inches that were pulled out more than once, so I quit and will resume today, hopefully, with a better result. Gotta get in the groove!

The God's Eye table topper is ready to bind now.

Yesterday, I pieced another table topper, this time in a Disappearing Nine Patch Method with an Americana Theme of red and blue with some gold stars thrown in.

The God's Eye Table Topper is finished and so is the Americana Table Runner. The topper is in our Etsy shop and the runner is in the BRC web store.

Working on a square tablecloth in reds, blues and beiges with pieced hearts on each corner, a really scrappy piece that will come together more when the quilting is done on it, but that will take a bit. It is about 60" square. Not really sure I like it that much, but hope the quilting will pull it together.

The first quilting lines:

Just pieced this table runner. I really love these fabrics, personally.

ETA: Working on commissioned placemats for a sweet lady in KY and her granddaughter. After a particularly hard winter, I think these will cheer her up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom