Fowl Pox?

familypendragon

Songster
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
DFW Metroplex in North Texas
I feel pretty sure this is Fowl Pox but would like someone to verify that knows for sure. Thank goodness we are having a cold front so hopefully mosquitoes won't be a problem much longer :( I have two Isbars that may be having the respiratory variety of this though... can it express differently in different birds and still be the same thing?

Last edited:
Yes, that looks like the early stages of Fowl Pox. If by the "respiratory version" you are talking about wet Fowl Pox, yes, other chickens can have it even though the other birds only have the dry version.

I think I have dry pox at the moment but one of my roosters seems to be drooling/ having the mucus. Is it possible to have both at the same time?

Yep, we have both going on here now for sure. Glad to know that is probably all there is. Seriously - with mosquitoes and wild birds spreading it - how would any flock not acquire this (and thus the immunity) at some point?

Yep, we have both going on here now for sure. Glad to know that is probably all there is. Seriously - with mosquitoes and wild birds spreading it - how would any flock not acquire this (and thus the immunity) at some point?

Good question... I went by the feedstore today and none of theirs have it.

-Kathy

Does your feedstore have chickens outside? Mine just gets chicks a few times a year through the mail and they are inside in one of those giant metal brooder things.

They have chickens, chicks, ducks, ducklings, turkeys, geese, peafowl, pheasants, doves, pigeons, quail, etc, all ages, all year round.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom