FOX attacks two hens who failed to get inside my Coop automatic chicken door.

The BEST anti auto-door clip I've ever seen. What do them things cost, $300, $400? No thanks.
By using the old manuel door opener, no birds get locked out around here and they sure won't be let out with a fox in the pen.
Jack

The BEST anti auto-door clip I've ever seen. What do them things cost, $300, $400? No thanks.
By using the old manuel door opener, no birds get locked out around here and they sure won't be let out with a fox in the pen.
Jack
First of all, the blinking red dots are like 15 to 20 bucks, not 400. Prob a waste for even that. As for a manuel door, not against one, however, for people like me who don't want to have to be up at 7 am or home at 830 every single day of the year, the automatic door is a blessing and far more reliable than a human. Not perfect, but extremely helpful.

Jack
I'm with Jack.

Absolute waste of money, and the poor hens...

Hope you dispatched that fox. Was glad he got stuck until the door opened again... Was he still in there?

This is a YouTube video, don't think it's the poster's. But yeah, why isn't the run enclosed?

First of all, the blinking red dots are like 15 to 20 bucks, not 400. Prob a waste for even that. As for a manuel door, not against one, however, for people like me who don't want to have to be up at 7 am or home at 830 every single day of the year, the automatic door is a blessing and far more reliable than a human. Not perfect, but extremely helpful.

I didn't say anything about any blinking red dots(Another useless waste of $) I'm talking about the auto-door, and I know that costs more than $15-20. On the weekends around here, darn if I'm getting up at the crack of dawn to let the birds out, they have to cool their heels a bit, til I roll on out there. And if I get home late, they have 7000Vs keeping preds away.
More reliable than a human. I know my door never traps a bird outside, or lets them out when one of the worst predators is just sitting out there waiting. I have 100% reliability with my door.
Jack

I didn't say anything about any blinking red dots(Another useless waste of $) I'm talking about the auto-door, and I know that costs more than $15-20. On the weekends around here, darn if I'm getting up at the crack of dawn to let the birds out, they have to cool their heels a bit, til I roll on out there. And if I get home late, they have 7000Vs keeping preds away.
More reliable than a human. I know my door never traps a bird outside, or lets them out when one of the worst predators is just sitting out there waiting. I have 100% reliability with my door.
Jack
I don't let my birds out on weekends until 9am sometimes. They are not going to die because I need to sleep in a bit.

But I free range during the day. Will be putting up electric fence shortly (to keep dogs and goats IN) I have farm dogs that keep predators during the day at bay. They are not night-duty dogs. My barn is fort knox (or will be when complete), and I have no problem taking 5 minutes to ensure everyone is in at night safely.

Also, this time of year that auto door shouldn't be set to close until later than 8:30. Doesn't get dark until 9:15pm now. I've been chasing chickens in to bed for the past week.. Teenagers always pushing the curfew..

Back
Top Bottom