Free chick from McMurray

Yes, my big headed chicks.
tongue.png

I don't know if my others had it because they came from a feed store and a different hatchery. If the new babies got it then they could shed the virus. And if my older hens didn't have the vac then they could actually get very sick and die. I also have hens from a different source as well, that we got as adults and I don't know about them either.

I don't know if my others had it because they came from a feed store and a different hatchery. If the new babies got it then they could shed the virus. And if my older hens didn't have the vac then they could actually get very sick and die. I also have hens from a different source as well, that we got as adults and I don't know about them either.

This is my delimma.

From my reading, it doesn't seem that they actually shed the virus from the vaccine - but if they have been exposed to Marek's, they will have no symptoms and WILL shed the real virus.

I'm hatching my own and have been planning to vax them within a day of hatch. The problem is, any chick I bring in from another source will need to be vaxxed. I'm so on the fence about this. I don't know if Marek's is widespread in my area or if my existing two chickens have been exposed.

Back
Top Bottom