Free chick from McMurray

wendychicklawyr

Songster
6 Years
Aug 28, 2013
I know that there are some older threads but im wondering what did people wind up in the last year. I dont have any roosters, but selected the free exotic rare chick, and i bet it will be rooster and really i cant wait. i have 40 or more chicks coming from mcmurray and my pet chicken
wee.gif

celebrate.gif

McMurray is smart sending the "free" baby...First, IT"S NOT FREE! , why, because now I need some hens for our beautiful Lakenvelder rooster, "Fraia", who we've come to love...So, unless the hens are free too, HE WASN'T FREE! They got us and we love it! :) We got introduced to a breed we hadn't considered and want more! :)

10852654_1578400075708344_1565683114_n.jpg

He's a cool roo, when I sit in his coop, he climbs up my back and sits on my shoulder like a pirate's parrot! He lives with the polish and sultans till we get him some hens...

10684286_930101597019230_177838159_n.jpg

Ha ha ha, chicken math strikes again!!!
lol.png

I got 43 chicks from Murray McMurray last March, I got a golden polish rooster as my free chick- So my name here..TOP KNOT for the crazy kids hair do.

Top Knot, Have fun with your polish! I have a cousin of yours. ;)

I ordered 7 Mottled Houdans, 2 Speckled Sussex, 2 Golden Polish, 3 Columbian Wyandottes, and my rare chick was an EE roo I named Bandit.

You don't have to worry about the breeding so long as you collect the eggs. My EE is the only one that crows at an odd hour. Half-past midnight to be precise, and between the roos, they crow about 5 specific times of day. EE (Bandit) and Angel crow about 5:30 in the morning. Angel and Domino crow about noon, and Bandit crows about 2:00 in the afternoon. Then I hear all three of them crow between 5:00 and 6:00. I have yet to hear Labelle crow, and I'm super excited to hear it. I would say I am just as excited to hear the crow as I am to start getting eggs from my younger bunch who refuse to start their laying careers in horribly cold weather (where I am, it doesn't usually get below freezing, even in winter).

Here's a link to a video of Domino's crow. He has the most interesting crow I have ever heard from a rooster. Every time I come up to the door, they have the habit of gathering at the door so I will let them out.
D.gif

I tried embeding the video in the post, but FB links aren't supported, so here's the link to it.

I finally got some pics uploaded........this is my little "extra exotic" chick. A cute little Dark Brahma roo. He still has no feathers showing out at all. All of the others have feathers showing, even ones smaller than him.

Back
Top Bottom