Free chick from McMurray

I got a call from the PO a little over 2 hrs ago that they had the box. I was so nervous and there was not one red light the whole way home that gave me even a chance to see if there were any casualties. I heard peeping though. When I opened up the box I could NOT believe that they all are alive!!! I got them all settled one at a time. There are 2 buff Plymouth Rocks that are iffy at this point. They are SO teeny tiny and not as vigorous as the others.

My "EXTRA" has feathered legs. Going to go look and see what it might be.

eta........Its a Dark Brahma. I have never had one of those before.

Last edited:
YEAH!!!!!!! give the weak ones chicken electrolyes saved my weak baby ... so happy for you!!
ya.gif

That is their water for all of them right now. Room temp water with the electrolytes and probiotics too. That and heat are about the only thing I can do right now to help them. Now its up to them and nature. I wonder if I will get anything else done today or if I will just keep staring at them all day
lau.gif

You guys are cracking me up! I love it. I'm so glad to hear you got your orders, even if you do have to hang over the ferry and help paddle.
pop.gif
I hope all do well. <3 Mind are running around their enclosure like crazy birds. I just love my Jersey Giant. She is very inquisitive, and anything that gets stuck through the top (fingers and bungee cords included), she pecks. My Olive Egger grabs random pieces of shavings and squeaks constantly like she has something worth keeping.

That is their water for all of them right now. Room temp water with the electrolytes and probiotics too. That and heat are about the only thing I can do right now to help them. Now its up to them and nature. I wonder if I will get anything else done today or if I will just keep staring at them all day
lau.gif

I vote "stare at them all day" :)

lau.gif
YAY!!!! I was so worried about your babies! I hope they all make it. My "mystery" chick has feathered legs too and I think it's a Buff Cochin. I went and looked at my babies alllll day yesterday. Had appt's this morning, but checked them first thing before I left and again as soon as I got home. I know I'll be out there the rest of the afternoon watching them.
love.gif

Well, this little dark Brahma has absolutely no feathers peaking out anywhere. Unlike most of the others. Even the tiniest has flight feathers showing. So I would put $$ on this chick being a roo.
Is that a way to tell how they are roo's? If they don't have any little flight feathers? I'm going to check my Buff Cochin.

Back
Top Bottom