Free chick from McMurray

Was at the post office this morning before they opened. Nothing. The shipping label says hold for pick up. My local post office has my phone # about 15 times. We are on a first name basis.

Okay... Well, maybe everything will be okay. Mine didn't have a any updates from the time they left to the time they arrived here. I'm not in FL, so maybe they needed the extra day, I was was starting to panic after the first day and there were no updates, but most survived the trip. I hope everything turns out okay and they are all alive and well for you.
fl.gif

I have 25 chicks coming from MM and 30 from Ideal. These will be here in April. I ordered some from a private breeder here in Florida. They were here the next morning all in great shape. First time ordering by mail.
I already have a couple of dozen in the brooder now and hopefully they will be outside by the time the new babies arrive.
I also ordered 25 from Sandhill, but who knows when they will get here.

I

I'm not in Florida I'm in Indiana. I placed two orders this year one from McMurray one from Meyer trying to keep shipping time down to a minimum. At this point I don't think it would have mattered.
Trying to be happy for everyone getting theirs and trying not to be too envious. Just want my peeps to get here.

I have mine coming to 24 hour delivey po here in fl. I had to call consumer relations to get them to ans the phone. I called and told them to expect them. I think the po sucks nowadays but I agree they don't update tracking. Just keep hounding everyone praying for u :fl

Omg call the hatchery and get them on it that is not acceptable!

LemonMeringue, my order status never updated from St. Paul until after I received my chicks. What date did it say it got to St. Paul?

I would definitely make a few calls. Did you call the local post office too?
I most definitely called the PO early this morning (as well as calling them Saturday to make them aware that they would be coming sometime early this week, and I called them yesterday morning) and they were also wondering why they weren't here yet. I'm glad they are being attentive
smile.png

I also called McMurray this afternoon and she said she thinks they will arrive tomorrow or Thursday. But my main concern is that the DELIVERY DATE was set for the 18th clear up until almost midnight last night. Then when I checked it about 4am this morning it had changed to the 21st. That is the real concern is that the box may have gotten stalled somewhere by the weather.

The latest update was sometime between 12pm last night and 4am this morning when it now says its checked out of St Paul and delivery is supposed to be the 21st.

I am praying and waiting that's all I can do.

I too am waiting on a McMurray shipment. :(

My problem is that I live in Canada, about 3 1/2hrs north of the border. The chicks get shipped to a parcel depot just across the line. I was really hoping they would be there today.

If they do get here tomorrow they are already 4 days old and hours will count. The parcel depot gets mail delivered at around 1 pm so if I wait till they call with confirmation of delivery I can't be there until almost 5 pm, won't be back home til 9ish.

I'm thinking if they don't arrive tomorrow, I'm looking at a box of dead chicks on Thurs? I don't think I am going to wait for the call, I am leaving in the morning and will be there when the truck arrives. Heater on high all the way home if there are any survivors.

I am 10th generation and as much as we joke about it I really like being here. My grandmother and great grandma are buried at Lagrange
Wow, what a small world. I know this is off topic and I hope it's ok. Our last names there are Ellis, Popwell (Poppell), Taylor, Brooks.

Back
Top Bottom