Free chick from McMurray

I believe this is my freebie. Looks to be a blue Cochin bantam. Not to exciting because there all bantam Cochins but sure is a pretty little fella.

Where are you?

True, isn't it? I now have a few extra roos out of some SR silver-penciled cochin bantams (2 out of 2 were cockerels) and a supposed Ameraucana pullet who is now obviously a cockerel at 4 weeks. I will have a hard time giving ANY of them up. And as long they get along in the future, I won't. But they definitely weren't planned boys...since I know there are also some Modern Game boys and d'uccle boys that will crop up in my others. But I'll just set up breeding pens for a couple of specific groups and everyone else can either get along or will be rehomed, no matter how grumpy it makes me. lol

My freebie from McMurray was a golden polish which we affectionately named "Sideshow". Unfortunately we had to euthanize poor Sideshow because he/she had Ricketts (as determined by our Veterinary friends). 21 other hens in the batch were just fine, but Sideshow had a gait problem from the start and only got worse as the weeks went on. We figured we would never opt for the "free rare exotic" again after that heartbreak.

2 week old Blue Cochin. Don't mind the barred rock in front ;)

17 Week old Lakenvelder roo.

16 week old Dark Brahma.

Just thought I would share what I have received as the free chick from McMurray. Yes, that means I ordered 3 times this year!! :)

Back
Top Bottom