Free chick from McMurray

Do they have the dark band around the eye? I wish I had seen this chick when he was a bit younger; it would make comparing to the McMurray site pictures a little easier. The closest I can find from there is a Buttercup, but I've never seen (or even heard of them) before. Hmmm...

I ordered my brood from mypetchicken.com and it was a great experience for a newbie such as myself. I spoke with a rep several times and they were always courteous, friendly and extremely helpful in answering all my questions. They even called with concern about the RIR I had ordered and the bantams mixed in. I changed my order and switched out the RIR for a more friendly bantam breed companion for the Silkie. All of my chicks arrived safe and on schedule. They are 3 weeks old now and except for one minor problem with one of the chicks trying to poop, they are all happy and content with their brooder home so far. I would recommend MPC especially if you want a small order and want to mix them up. No minimums after a certain date each spring. As soon as I get my mini farm situated better, I will probably order more next year.

Is there a cure for OCD (obsessive chicken disorder)? I seem to have caught "the bug"!
wee.gif

There is no hope for you now!!
tongue2.gif
Welcome to the obsession!!

Do they have the dark band around the eye? I wish I had seen this chick when he was a bit younger; it would make comparing to the McMurray site pictures a little easier. The closest I can find from there is a Buttercup, but I've never seen (or even heard of them) before. Hmmm...

Here's mine when she was smaller. But kind of looks like a Buttercup too. Hmmmmm.

I just went through my pictures, and was able to zoom in on one of the comb. Definitely a Buttercup now that I see it. Hoping for a hen, but we'll see I guess!

I just went through my pictures, and was able to zoom in on one of the comb. Definitely a Buttercup now that I see it. Hoping for a hen, but we'll see I guess!

My buttercups look like this. I thought their facial markings were really neat. Of the assortment of breeds I have they are one of my top favorite breeds. Right out of shipping box they were incredibly ballsy and rambunctious, running everywhere, pecking everything... the other breeds were more reserved. A carpenter ant got into their brooder and the chicks who were a couple weeks older were cautiously approaching it, pausing and then watching it closely before advancing. I was waiting to see if anyone realized it was food and I hear "Peeeeeeeeeeeppppppp!" and one of the 3 day old Buttercups runs in, rips the ants head off, swallows it, grabs the rest of the body off the sand and eats it too, then runs off while the others were still standing there staring at the spot the ant had been in. LOL

Love the Buttercups! If I buy more birds next year I will definitely get Buttercups again.

Yes the comb is shaped like a cup I have 2 , one is sweet the other isbt as much, but then they have a lot of competition since I have 78 babies. I think it just depends on the bird realky not the breed

Back
Top Bottom