Free- needs to be your lone chicken- 3 month old pullet- Poconos, PA

keystonepaul

Songster
11 Years
May 14, 2008
Pocono
I have a buff orp/ red star cross- corn yellow with a hint of black on some non prominent feathers (have to look hard to see them) about 3 months old- with very, very little upper beak. It's healthy otherwise thought nowhere near as efficient feeder as the others and it's two other nest mates are considerablly bigger than she. She's otherwise a healthy normal chicken who should eventually provide someone a some eggs and enjoyment. She wants to be friendly but her low status on the pecking order make her hesitent though you can see she wants to be around you. Anyway if anyone knows someone that wants only one chicken this would the girl for them and the place for her. Looking for a good one chicken home- not two or three chicken home- I'll keep her myself than be talked into rehoming her with several other chickens. Sooooo if you know anyone who this would be match for let me know. Thanks, Keystonepaul

You do know we're on a chicken board right?
wink.png

LOL, good luck finding her a home though.

Yep, but who else would have friend without birds who would have at least some knowledge of chickens.
smile.png
You never know till you try, but I agree it might be like asking Noah if he wants his plants watered . Keystonepaul

There are people with flocks that also have a "housechicken". Might be a good thing for her, especially if her short beak causes her issues with eating. There is a yahoo group dedicated to housechickens.

Wanda

She might also be OK with a small flock of silkie hens. They are very docile - - and then there's the fact that they can hardly see through all the fluff, LOL! Just a thought for anyone considering this little gal.

Chickens are flock birds. They should not be kept alone, with or without handicaps.

Your bird would probably do just fine in a flock of bantams, or possibly even a large breed if they are calm and non-aggressive.

We'll if someone has some bantams or some silkies and would like to try her lets talk.

As for chickens being flock birds and should never be kept alone regardless of handicaps- Don't disagree with the first part, just hadn't thought about some banties, silkies being a solution. Do think she'd do just fine on her own though regardless. She's in a pretty gentle group, albiet standard birds, now and the benifits don't outwiegh the negatives that I see day in and day out. I thinks she'd really attach herself to a family and make them her surrugate "flock". Thanks all for the good advice. Keystonepaul

Back
Top Bottom