Free Peafowl In Florida!

I was just contacted by them and told that the board no longer going to hire someone to catch them and re home them.

We are in need of a male peacock, we accidentally brought a female to our home on the moving truck she must have been underside somewhere... but she is desparetly lonely.. please contact me if you have a male for her...

Hello @Delligirl , and
welcome-byc.gif
!

First of all, where are you located?
Second, have you tried to find her owner in the place you moved from? People get very attached to their peas, and someone is likely missing her.
sad.png

And third, do you have a pen set up for peas? You will probably want to get fully set up before you think about finding her some company.
And finally...pictures?????

Hi yes I have called, emailed and texted with some of the people from where she came. This is in Rio Florida, and believed to be one of the Frances Landford Peacocks. These peacocks are wild and roam free throughout the town. They dropped off a dog crate to see if she would go in it but she won't even come to eat while it was here. There is no way to catch her short of the dog catcher and they will not turn her loose anywhere, so it would mean a death sentence for her to call them. She is so lonely and we don't want her to get sad and die of loneliness so thought gettng her a male would be good. She sleeps in the tall pines and the woods near our home and hangs out around the neighborhood (small and rural) everyone loves her, feeds her and watches out for her. What else would you propose we do????

@Delligirl ...
Sounds like she is doing good!
clap.gif
And being well cared for.
We have some Florida people here, but I'm not sure how close to you they may be: @MinxFox and @AugeredIn .
One of them may be able to help you find a friend for your pretty peagirl!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom