Freedom!!

Ajoy1955

Songster
Jul 1, 2023
Greeneville Tennessee
Today we took the separation fence down and let the three pullets be with the three hens.. so far the low on the pecking order hen is the one establishing the new pecking order with the pullets… so far it has gone reasonably well….. but the three pullets are staying hid in a corner of the run! Is this typical and will they eventually be allowed access to the entire run? Luckily the three older girls go to roost earlier than the pullets so I am hoping the pullets will venture out. Going to keep the pullets in their henhouse to roost at night until they get along in the run, then I will move them to the larger coop! Thanks in advance for all suggestions and help!

Photos of your set up would help, coop and run. It's not unusual the younger birds would hide if one of the older ones is being a bully, though I find that rather than hide, mine keep on the move as a way of dealing with it, as they have plenty of space and clutter to use to keep their distance from the adults.

Photos of your set up would help, coop and run. It's not unusual the younger birds would hide if one of the older ones is being a bully, though I find that rather than hide, mine keep on the move as a way of dealing with it, as they have plenty of space and clutter to use to keep their distance from the adults.

Attachments

• B8C9BE5F-5F6B-439A-8B3C-E196769695AD.jpeg
    B8C9BE5F-5F6B-439A-8B3C-E196769695AD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 13BEED91-A9FF-4BCB-9571-5361C06FB42B.jpeg
    13BEED91-A9FF-4BCB-9571-5361C06FB42B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom