"Freezer Camp" in our Minnesota Coop. Frozen Wattles on Roo.

Thank you choptank and shell about your compliments on Roger 's good looks. My almost 11 year old son has expressed concern about how he will look. And thinks he still looks pretty rough. Although I know now hes healthy and its just a matter of losing scabs. Lol shell you made me laugh calling him Tootsie. Now we've got you on our level calling him our silly endearments. :gig

Last edited:
Oh bogtown, i think you know weve always been on a very simular level
lau.gif

last wattle scab hanging by about a 1 cm connection or less. It won't be long before it's off. Today's high was 35 and we brought the crew up to the cleared off deck out from under their covered run so they could get some sun on their backs and some apple treats.

Here they all are...so pretty in the sunshine.

Songs popped in my head!

"all lined up in a 'chicken' group,
'old it,flash bang wallop,what a picture, what a photograph
um-tiddly-um-pum-um-pum-pum,stick it in your family album! lol

oh dear is my crazy showing?
gig.gif

fantastic pic xxx

Thank you Chop Tank. I love my mixed flock. Of course I'd love to add more colors...but that chicken math would get the best of me and we're pushing our limits right now already. Yesterday morning there was a fog because of the higher temps and snow cover. The sun was coming up pink...and the trees took on a thick frost. I wish I would have had them all up on the deck rail then and there... It was gorgeous.

thank you Shell for your little diddy! LOL. It was cute...and who doesn't get a little crazy about chickens once they have them. Trust me you are among friends.
big_smile.png

Last Wattle scab on the poop linoleum with about 4 drops of blood. He itched 'er off or some of the nurse's aids I have down there helped. AM's are always a mad rush before the bus drop off then off to work. So I'll get a photo over my lunch hour. He must feel like a million bucks with those things off.

celebrate.gif

yay! cant wait to see photo of rog now :) ive learnt so much watching him heal,
ill never listen to all those that told me they were weak delicate creatures again! they are amazing facinating and sooo lovable.
so happy for you and rog :) btw i susspect the fluffy but nurses may have had a hand in this :) what good girls xxx

So here he is. Wondering why I didn't bring down more scratch. Mother Nature has definitely dubbed him. Quite the process.
hmm.png
I'll follow up with more photos again probably when All traces of black bits are gone and most likely he's free ranging this early spring. That will probably be a nice conclusion to this thread on him.

He still is handsome.
love.gif
We've been through alot together already. Sorta will miss those lunch dates.

Back
Top Bottom