french black copper marans with white feathers????????

ldomerese

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 13, 2012
myblack copper marans have white feathers in the wings and feet is this bad iknow that they arepure but i dont know y they have white does anyone know about this here are somepics i will upload more when i can get some ..... to dark right now and the one with white on its wing is the only roo:( please help

Personally I would be more worried about them having Vulture hocks than the white feathers. You will have to wate until the Juve molt to know about the white feathers. They normally shed the white feathers. If they have white after the Juve molt then if you are breeding to the SOP this would be a reason to cull. Patience.

I would be more worried about the white in the breast feathers and not the wings. They should be showing copper in their hackles as they get older. They should not express any white on the breast or hackles.

Tim

Last edited:
What are voltur hocks?and it sucks because i wanted to breed these guys

so they are NOT allowed to have vulture hocks?...and i will upload morepics of the feet and wings in a bit ...(have to download)

and does anyone know where i could get some good quality black copper marans? or hatching eggs?

I'm interested to follow this thread! I have 5 BCM 2 week old chicks and 4 of them have white chest and bums and one of them looks to be all black. They are extremely inquisitive!

Back
Top Bottom