Frequency of cleaning coop floor

I have to agree with Joan. I first used shavings from the local pet store. When I got out to the feed store, I picked up fine shredded pine shavings because it was cheaper. I use that in the coop and noticed that the poop sticks better to it, making it easier to scoop up. I add to the pine shavings about once a week, but have not completely cleaned out the coop floor. My chickens have been in the coop for about a month now.

Yes, get what you mean now...thanks for the pics, lovely coop and pretty birds, I believe PDZ is something that is only available in the US, all my UK chicken friends
have not heard of it.....hey perhaps thats a business opportunity for someone, get selling over here, folk over here are just as nuts over chickens as you guys in the
USA...Thanks again, regards Marianne UK

Yes, get what you mean now...thanks for the pics, lovely coop and pretty birds, I believe PDZ is something that is only available in the US, all my UK chicken friends
have not heard of it.....hey perhaps thats a business opportunity for someone, get selling over here, folk over here are just as nuts over chickens as you guys in the

Sweet PDZ is generally marketed for use in horse stalls. If you have any horse-loving friends, they might know where to find it for you.

We'll trade you PDZ for some of the chickens you have that are not available here :)

We'll trade you PDZ for some of the chickens you have that are not available here :)
What chickens are you after then ?
D.gif
Marianne

I use pine shavings and have put in a bundle & a 1/2 on my coop floor and use a dog pooper scooper every morning & night to clean out the poo. If i have time in the am i will clean the outside pen, but usually will clean that only in the pm when i get home from work. I have flies, but not a lot. they will always be around because they like poo. I put the poo in our compost pile. You can try hanging zipper bags of water w/ 3-5 pennies in it. supposedly that is suppose to work. trying it now myself.

Back
Top Bottom