Frizzled and White Ayam Cemani?

Would you buy a white or frizzled Ayam Cemani?

• Total voters
Second try to post-
@CiaBia I also fell in love with the all black, almost unreal appearance of the Ayam Cemani. I would be interested in any information of the Putih or Walik from Indonisian breeders. The Putih may be a recessive gene that breeders were trying to remove from their lines, like the hairless gene in rat terriers.

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town for a bit! I'm going to try and see if I can find the original webpage that started all of this, I vaguely remember it being in Indonesian that google had translated for me :lau If I find it I'll link it here!

@CiaBia I also fell in love with the all black, almost unreal appearance of the Ayam Cemani. I would love information on their standard and variants. Do you have any links for the Putih or Walik?
Here's one I found while searching through google: https://ternakunggassite.wordpress.com/2017/10/08/jenis-jenis-ayam-cemani/
You'll have to copy and paste the text into google translator but it talks about over a dozen different varieties of Ayam Cemani (pictures too :clap). Crazy to see so many different types!

Thanks for your input! I started the bid at $50 a couple days ago so I could gauge interest since I really have no idea what people are willing (or wanting) to pay for them. I guess this way they get to decide what’s fair which is good for me. It’s up to $76 right now so we’ll see where it ends at! Very excited to see the results.

The white Cemani happened naturally so I don’t consider them a cross. The frizzled has been bred back to pure Cemani over several generations so I could cull any non-Cemani traits like feathered feet. Since they both exist and have distinguishable names in Indonesia I was unsure if these variations had a market in America. Does anyone know someone on here with extensive experience or knowledge in Ayam Cemani? I’ve seen a post on here before on different types of Ayam’s but it was quite awhile ago and I’m not sure if the author is still on here anymore.

I definitely agree that these may not be for anyone. I fell in love with Ayam Cemani the second I saw one and I think most people (including myself at first) see them only as an all black chicken and nothing else. It’s hard to mess with perfection!
So, how it ended? The bidding

The first bidding ended at just under $100 including shipping, I did a couple more auction style listings after with similar results. I now have them listed as a Buy it Now half dozen for $60 + shipping and have been shipping constantly!
Your cemani putih (in indonesia we swap the first and second word) was really awesome 👌
It is rare to get one of those. Yu should sell it on a higher price, if u planning to.

Your cemani putih (in indonesia we swap the first and second word) was really awesome 👌
It is rare to get one of those. Yu should sell it on a higher price, if u planning to.
Wow that is crazy to hear, thank you so much!! I was cautious in the beginning not knowing what would be 'too much'. It's hard to gauge pricing when there's virtually nothing to compare them to around here. I figured the auctions were a good way to start but I am at least glad to hear I'm not ripping people off. I have my Cemani putih mixed in with my standard Cemani right now (trying to diversify genetics) but plan to separate them soon when the rest of my putih pullets start laying. Once I have Putih-only eggs I'll definitely consider raising my prices!
I'm glad you mentioned the name flipping as well, now I can refer to them correctly :gig

I got a male and a female white chicks from my Ayam Cemani a couple months ago. I sold all 14 of my pure black chicks but I kept those 2 they are just so neat! My Ayam Cemani are amazing layers they lay nearly every day. Are they going to slow down?

I got a male and a female white chicks from my Ayam Cemani a couple months ago. I sold all 14 of my pure black chicks but I kept those 2 they are just so neat! My Ayam Cemani are amazing layers they lay nearly every day. Are they going to slow down?
They really are so cool to see aren't they! With mine I've noticed they will be almost daily layers for several weeks or even a month or two and then go on a laying-hiatus for about the same amount of time. I have 5 hens of laying age and I get 2-3 eggs a day, with the occasional 4 egg day. Never 5 though!

That's interesting. Mine have laid an egg almost daily for the last 5 months.
That's awesome! I may have an older hen or two that have all but stopped laying, I haven't had the heart to cull out the old girls and they will probably live out their lives with the rest of them. I haven't caught them sitting on nests in a long time so that could very well be the difference. But who's to know :confused: I highly doubt the 80-120 eggs a year that google spits out as an average for Cemani! My younger girls do WAY better than that in their first year or two.

Back
Top Bottom