Fun Summer Activity with a Side Hustle??

Farmin Armen

Chirping
Jun 23, 2021
Hey Everyone, to give my kiddos another reason why not to spend time in front of the TV this entire summer, I purchased an incubator. They’re looking forward to this fun summer activity of incubating / hatching our fertilized eggs and caring for the chicks. We’ll keep a few, but I’d imagine that we can sell them so that I can make the money back on the incubator.

What are your all thoughts on the following:

1. Purchasing chicks straight run from a random person on Craigslist in your area?
2. Fair price you’d pay for day-ish old straight run chicks?
3. Anything else to consider?

Also, I’m in the SoCal area if anyone is wondering.

In my area, straight run chicks, asking price is around $2-5 per chick. I’m not sure how many they’re actually selling at these prices.

I’ve had to give spare barnyard mixes away before.

If you want to make money you need to look what breeds are popular in your area.

In my area, straight run chicks, asking price is around $2-5 per chick. I’m not sure how many they’re actually selling at these prices.

I’ve had to give spare barnyard mixes away before.

If you want to make money you need to look what breeds are popular in your area.
Yea, I'll need to check. However, I know that people pay about $8 per fertilized egg to hatch. More for chicks (female). Personally, I would probably pay $2-$3 for Straight Run, no breed ID, but I could say that these chicks came from breeds that are rated "better" or "best" for laying.

Back
Top Bottom