Funny chicken stories

She sings beautifully another another.
big_smile.png

ILL DO ONE! (although I think this is a survival story)

So a hawk landed on the fence when the girls were free-ranging. Pepper noticed, and she started squawking her brains out and ran into the coop with Amulet behind her. And they wouldn't come out for 2 hours and I literally had to pick the poor girls up and get them back out! Poor girls... they were so terrified.

You know how chickens will eat anything?

Well i was having my morning coffee and i decided to check for eggs. I let the chickens out and put my coffee down. I check for eggs. None
somad.gif
. I go back and the chickens are aroung my cup takong turns drinking it! I let them have it as it was cild outside and my coffee was warm. (Not hot because i dont like hot coffee)

gig.gif
That reminds me of a cat I use to have. My dad had made a samwich and turned around to look for the remote, by the time he turned back around Munchey and His new samwich were out the pet door.
gig.gif
btw I like coffee creamer but not the coffee.
frow.gif

Thanks for sharing
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Well today I took out the newley put in ceder chips.
barnie.gif
Latley I have been painting my cooop,
wee.gif
I hadn't been able to paint the section near the chips
hmm.png
, so after vacuuming the coop I started painting
wee.gif
clap.gif
. When I finished painting the chickens were in a LINE waiting for the coop.
th.gif
The paint was still wet, but I knew this so I put each chicken on the roost carefully... yes I know they can move but I was hoping they would stay still...
fl.gif

About 10-20 minutes later I went out to check on them.
fl.gif
FAIL MY rooster sugie never went to roost... he had some green on boath wings, and a blob of it on his crest!
th.gif
So I chicken nap him. Take him to the bathroom where he got a shower. I cut the green out of his feathers, and he was still damp. It has recently (2 days ago) gotten clod
duc.gif
so I put him on the living room table to dry off.

I go check on the chickens... And funkey is sitting under the roost being guilty of moving.
ep.gif
He was covered! Tail, wings, completly covered the side of his tall crest, and it was on his wattles, and just everywhere!
th.gif
to the bathroom I take him... Funkey hates taking baths...
hide.gif
I would wash at his wings, he would get out I would atempt to clean his comb, Fail,
rant.gif
tail feathers... skip to the part where I have him mostly clean. I give him a feather cut whe he procedes to eat feathers.

Sugie comes and jumps into my lap and I blow dry Funk, and Sugie.

I go and get on byc, and my chickens jump onto me, so there I sat.
big_smile.png
caf.gif
love.gif

Now Funkey has paint on his comb still... And he is sitting in my living room.

Here are the pics
Green paint after washing
107523_picture_004.jpg

107523_picture_006.jpg

107523_picture_011.jpg

Heres a pic I made of what he looked like b4 washing
107523_untitled.jpg

This was us chillin on byc.
107523_picture_013.jpg

N.C., that's a great picture of the three of you
smile.png

I can't remember if I posted my Fabergé egg story here. We had to let go of one of our hens, and I decided to blow out her last egg for my sister who really liked her. I punched a couple holes and blew till I was red in the face. As my lips were smashed against the egg I suddenly realized I'd never washed that egg and the last place it had been was coming out of a chicken's bum!!

And then the other day we were moving a bunch of concrete blocks and I smashed my finger. I stuck it in my mouth and immediately realized I was wearing my chicken chore gloves, the ones I used for really dirty work.
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom