funny rescue hen

birdnerd88

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 15, 2014

I brought this funny hen home from the farm animal sanctuary I work at because she was running away from every flock we introduced her to. We don't know much about her except that she was kept alone before being surrendered. As a result she is terrified of other chickens (even my two meek girls) but is fairly people friendly. She has a very americauna look to me except for her puffy hairdo and distinctive fingery comb. She's a little smaller than my white plymouth rock and columbian wyandotte but she's still a good sized hen. She hasn't layed any eggs yet so I'm not sure what color they are but her black feathers have the most amazing green iridescence that the pictures couldn't capture. Like my other two hens she'll be a pet so its mostly out of curiosity that I'm trying to figure out her breed. Any guesses would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! I honestly hadn't thought of polish even though we have a few of them in our flocks. Her little bouffant isn't nearly as big as theirs and I was getting caught up on that odd comb of hers. I really haven't seen a comb like hers on any other chicken.
Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom