funny sound ?

cochin123

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
fort walton beach, fl
i went and got 2 roos out of the coop today to AI them and i picked 1 up to do it and he is making a funny sound when he breaths .. he is a little thin but not too bad . and 2 of the hens r doing it too - they are all Cochin bantams all in the same coop .. 8 X14 OPEN AIR coop pine shavings on the floor and they r feed game bird breeder Any help at all is needed/WANTED

...o it sounds like they r under water giggling

Last edited:
sounds like a respiratory thing may be going on. Anymore symptoms than just that? Runny eyes or nostrils, not as active, do they eat and drink like normal. What kind of sound is it - like raspy or wheezy or congested? Have they been wormed? You mentioned the thin one - it may have been going on awhile because he didn't get picked up sooner.

Maybe someone will come on to suggest an antibioctic or other treatment.Sorry I can't be of help there.

all my roos get AI ed every 2 days .. as of thursday he did not have the sound now the hens it could be that it has been there as both of them r broody and i try not to mess with them while they r on eggs . it sounds raspy like.. they were wormed April 15 of this year , they were not that in to free ranging today but that could of been the 102 temp here today . i went ahead and started them on a round of tylan 200 ( .2 cc per bird in the breast or thigh( the thin roo ) ) and if need be i can get a hold of stronger stuff

Quote:
AI mean artificial inmate.. getting the roo juice and putting it in the hens
lol.png
,,,,,,,,,,,, i took them < 2 roos and 2 hens > to the vet yesterday and he said CRD
barnie.gif
he.gif
. but then he went and looked in a book for meds and came back and said they did not have all the sings of it .. soo he said i can kill one of the 4 and send it for testing or i can try some human antibiotics
gig.gif
he also said that giving tylan 200 and any tylan injectable can cause liver damage
ep.gif
hu.gif
soo what would y'all do .. go get a 2ND opinion or the meds or send 1 off to testing
he.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom