Furness Colour Genetics

Can anyone please let me know how to produce these types of Furness Birds in the USA with Cochin Bantams please? Or where or who in the USA that I could begin to get that information?

Can anyone please let me know how to produce these types of Furness Birds in the USA with Cochin Bantams please? Or where or who in the USA that I could begin to get that information?
Cross Wheaten with Black, the F1 x F1, pick the Wheaten f2 chicks and many of them will have melanizers and will look very close to furness

Anyone here working on this color? Looking for someone who knows the color type.
It's been some time since you posted, but I am working on Furness here in the states. Started from the ground up with birds of terrible type but those that I knew the genetics. I should start to see the correct genetic combination next season and will improve type over time.

It's been some time since you posted, but I am working on Furness here in the states. Started from the ground up with birds of terrible type but those that I knew the genetics. I should start to see the correct genetic combination next season and will improve type over time.
Any update on this? Would love some pics too. Always love a good Cochin bantam project.

I just found out about this color today, and I have a pair that I hatched out. They came from a pair of black cochin bantams that there solid blacks, solid whites and a few odd colored chicks that I decided to keep a pair of as they were cute. I got to talking with a guy on FB and hes working on furness in orpingtons. He advised I could test them by breeding them to wheatens and seeing what resulting chicks would look like, as well as breeding them to their solid black siblings. I also have a 2nd rooster that's a little differently colored, but I'll keep him and test. I have plans to set up a 12x12 coop with 6 pens, 3x6, and setting up breeding pens to test them. Do y'all have any pointers?

I just found out about this color today, and I have a pair that I hatched out. They came from a pair of black cochin bantams that there solid blacks, solid whites and a few odd colored chicks that I decided to keep a pair of as they were cute. I got to talking with a guy on FB and hes working on furness in orpingtons. He advised I could test them by breeding them to wheatens and seeing what resulting chicks would look like, as well as breeding them to their solid black siblings. I also have a 2nd rooster that's a little differently colored, but I'll keep him and test. I have plans to set up a 12x12 coop with 6 pens, 3x6, and setting up breeding pens to test them. Do y'all have any pointers?
Do you have pictures?

Back
Top Bottom