Game Fowl (How Much Do They Eat)

ChickChic00

Songster
Sep 10, 2019
I have some purebred fighting game fowl that I got from a family member a couple days ago. They are from my grandfathers bloodline and he won several contests with his bloodline. I am in no way going to fight them. Period. I just want to continue the bloodline. My question is how much feed do they eat? I raise over 200 chickens and they range, I have a lot of dual purpose birds. No egg layer type birds i.e., Leghorns and such. I do know that leghorns eat less feed than the dual purpose, do game fowl eat as much as the leghorns, more than them or about as much as the dual purpose ones? Thanks A lot!!

I had one game fowl roo and one game fowl hen a while back, and I didn't notice any significant difference of how much food they eat, compared to the rest of the flock (consisting of layers, dual purpose, etc.)
I'd guess and say that they eat close to the same amount as dual purpose birds, or a little more.

If you keep gamefowl confined, all a single gamefowl needs is a handful of a quality feed twice a day. More than that and they can get fat if they aren’t working it off.

If they’re free ranging in decent habitat, they’ll feed themselves and you throw them some food once a day just to keep them hanging around.

I raise over 200 chickens and they range, I have a lot of dual purpose birds. No egg layer type birds i.e., Leghorns and such. I do know that leghorns eat less feed than the dual purpose, do game fowl eat as much as the leghorns, more than them or about as much as the dual purpose ones? Thanks A lot!!
Sounds like you're doing something right? How are these fowl going to be kept?

Back
Top Bottom