Gamefowls?

FowlfaN

Hatching
Apr 7, 2024
I have a few chickens that I've been trying to find out what breed they are for a while.i didn't buy them I actually caught them in my area and have been raising them since.it normal to do this where I live and people often catch these chickens to fight them of and on.i of cause thought they were gamefowls since they are pretty aggressive to each other and naturally territorial but after some time I started wondering if maybe there just a wild strain that was fought for some time and just became this way idk.here some pictures if I even figured out how to send them.
IMG_20240217_102134.jpg

This one I bred myself from the others I caught his name is Aaron
IMG-20240403-WA0010.jpg

This is one of the hens I caught
IMG_20240318_201552.jpg

This is one of the roosters I caught I raised him from young and when he went through his first molt his short round feathers became long and sharp
IMG_20230312_115524~2.jpg

This is him before his first molt

And the chick he made is the last photo which I really want to know what it is

This rooster here is much much older now but that's the only photo that was working.I would be really great full if you all are able to identify all of them I'm not a professional so I just go by what I see and they do have some gameness in them
IMG_20230810_120626.jpg

IMG_20240407_115630~2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20240407_115631.jpg
    IMG_20240407_115631.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240407_115630~2.jpg
    IMG_20240407_115630~2.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230312_115524.jpg
    IMG_20230312_115524.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 2
I have a few chickens that I've been trying to find out what breed they are for a while.i didn't buy them I actually caught them in my area and have been raising them since.it normal to do this where I live and people often catch these chickens to fight them of and on.i of cause thought they were gamefowls since they are pretty aggressive to each other and naturally territorial but after some time I started wondering if maybe there just a wild strain that was fought for some time and just became this way idk.here some pictures if I even figured out how to send them. View attachment 3794940
View attachment 3794941
View attachment 3794943
This is one of the roosters I caught I raised him from young and when he went through his first molt his short round feathers became long and sharpView attachment 3794949

This rooster here is much much older now but that's the only photo that was working.I would be really great full if you all are able to identify all of them I'm not a professional so I just go by what I see and they do have some gameness in them
View attachment 3794953
View attachment 3794951
They do look like American Gamefowls. Picture #5, looks to have some Oriental Influence, like Sumatra in it's bloodline.

Knowing what strains they are, or what mixed strains they possibly are will be very difficult.

The hen looks alot like my Blue Face Hatch Hens. Face color, & leg color are exactly like mine.

It's not uncommon to come across Gamefowls running free. Sometimes they were dumped by irresponsible people, or they strayed off, & made a colony after escaping somehow.

They do look like American Gamefowls. Picture #5, looks to have some Oriental Influence, like Sumatra in it's bloodline.

Knowing what strains they are, or what mixed strains they possibly are will be very difficult.

The hen looks alot like my Blue Face Hatch Hens. Face color, & leg color are exactly like mine.

It's not uncommon to come across Gamefowls running free. Sometimes they were dumped by irresponsible people, or they strayed off, & made a colony after escaping somehow.
They must have made a colony.thanks for replying so quickly

I have a few chickens that I've been trying to find out what breed they are for a while.i didn't buy them I actually caught them in my area and have been raising them since.it normal to do this where I live and people often catch these chickens to fight them of and on.i of cause thought they were gamefowls since they are pretty aggressive to each other and naturally territorial but after some time I started wondering if maybe there just a wild strain that was fought for some time and just became this way idk.here some pictures if I even figured out how to send them. View attachment 3794940
View attachment 3794941
View attachment 3794943
This is one of the roosters I caught I raised him from young and when he went through his first molt his short round feathers became long and sharpView attachment 3794949

View attachment 3794953
View attachment 3794951
IMG_20240406_113724_354.jpg

That chick kinda has the same pattern as mine.

Back
Top Bottom