GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes

We are very lucky, and our post office is AMAZING. When I had my serama pair shipped here, they called at like 6:30 in the morning as soon as they started working. about 2 hours before they opened. They where so exited to see CHICKENS Shipped into our town. They said they where surprised when they heard crowing when they got in! and with eggs they are fantastic. they always are super careful with pretty much any box. When it says fragile, They take special consideration. I love ours!
Ours is good about this too - but it's the traveling from a big-city, to a small town that the boxes get abused.

Go Cemani Phil!!!!!!
bun.gif

LOL!! Go Cemani Phil!

A MHP aficionado! I cheated and bought heating plates. GREAT method for raising chicks.

Keep in mind not all leaking boxes are the USPS's fault. The best of handling and care doesn't fix a piss poor packing job. One of my pet peeves is when a seller does a half-*** job of packing then retorts, "well that's the risk of shipped eggs!", and refuses to do anything about it.

Keep in mind not all leaking boxes are the USPS's fault. The best of handling and care doesn't fix a piss poor packing job. One of my pet peeves is when a seller does a half-*** job of packing then retorts, "well that's the risk of shipped eggs!", and refuses to do anything about it.

@kajira I wasn't pointing fingers at your box! I've received boxes in pristine condition, still leaking. Just sayin', 'cause some people want to blame the PO for everything. I think some eggs I've received were packed pre-broken . . . .
sad.png
I've definitely received eggs pre-rotten, also blamed on the PO.
sickbyc.gif

@kajira I wasn't pointing fingers at your box! I've received boxes in pristine condition, still leaking. Just sayin', 'cause some people want to blame the PO for everything. I think some eggs I've received were packed pre-broken . . . .
sad.png
sickbyc.gif

Its easiest to blame the PO because we don't know, and we would like to think that anyone shipping us eggs is as passionate as we are! And we don't want to blame a particular human that we are dealing with. But in reality, some sellers just don't care as much as we do. And sometimes it really is the post office's fault. Sometimes we get lucky, sometimes we don't.

I was supposed to receive 2 packages of eggs on the same day. I got the text that the first had been delivered, so I rushed home so they wouldn't sit outside in the heat. I expected both packages would be there. Only one was. As I was unpacking the box, the mail lady knocked on the door with the second package. She made a special trip back to me because she had missed them in her first delivery, but saw the "eggs" sticker, and wanted me to have them asap. I got lucky that day.

sad.png
sickbyc.gif
I've had some eggs broken in the past, but it's usually when they are just bubble wrapped, tossed in a box together with out careful placement. The best eggs I've received, where bubble wrapped, wedged into an egg container with styrofoam, packed in a small box with shredded paper, then bubble wrapped that box, inside of a bigger box that secured the smaller box with foam and shredded paper. LOL

Now, the air cells were still not in great shape from handling, but the eggs didn't get broken

sad.png
sickbyc.gif
Also - I was just showing you the box, because we were on the topic! :p
Its easiest to blame the PO because we don't know, and we would like to think that anyone shipping us eggs is as passionate as we are! And we don't want to blame a particular human that we are dealing with. But in reality, some sellers just don't care as much as we do. And sometimes it really is the post office's fault. Sometimes we get lucky, sometimes we don't.

I was supposed to receive 2 packages of eggs on the same day. I got the text that the first had been delivered, so I rushed home so they wouldn't sit outside in the heat. I expected both packages would be there. Only one was. As I was unpacking the box, the mail lady knocked on the door with the second package. She made a special trip back to me because she had missed them in her first delivery, but saw the "eggs" sticker, and wanted me to have them asap. I got lucky that day.
That's awesome she did that.

Back
Top Bottom