Gander or Goose, White Chinese

Thank you all so much for the info! 🥰 I decided to go ahead and get both and if both are ganders, I'll just choose my fave to keep and rehome the other. I figured having both I would get to know their personalities better, than if I just chose one from just a few minutes of observation.
You might be able to keep both…if they’re nice to your female :). I have three ganders and this is generally what happens:

Rita goes to take a bath.
Matt wants to mate so he gets in the pond with her.
Frank sees him and runs to get in on the act.
George comes charging over ‘cause he’s head gander and no one is allowed to mate but him.
They fight.
Rita slips out of the pool and goes to the other one to bathe in peace.
George kicks the other two out of the pool.
Frank sends Matt running for his life.
They see Rita swimming alone.
The process starts over.
After a few times they all run around the yard and settle down to eat grass together.

You might be able to keep both…if they’re nice to your female :). I have three ganders and this is generally what happens:

Rita goes to take a bath.
Matt wants to mate so he gets in the pond with her.
Frank sees him and runs to get in on the act.
George comes charging over ‘cause he’s head gander and no one is allowed to mate but him.
They fight.
Rita slips out of the pool and goes to the other one to bathe in peace.
George kicks the other two out of the pool.
Frank sends Matt running for his life.
They see Rita swimming alone.
The process starts over.
After a few times they all run around the yard and settle down to eat grass together.

My main concern was two ganders being too much for my female, so I'll just have to see how things go.

Well, I got the geese yesterday, and I do believe both are ganders. Oh my, their honks are ear splitting! It made for a fun ride home! 🤣 I was expecting them to be more aggressive than my female, Duchess, but I was still a bit surprised. I guess I was spoiled, because my Duchess is such a sweetie. It was funny when she first saw them, she went and told them off, and then ran to me for food and ignored them, all the while they're trying their best to show off. 🤣

Congratulations on the new geese! :clap
Thanks! 😃 One of them is definitely more aggressive, he hisses a lot, mainly at my goats (which I think they confused for dogs as they hate the previous owner's dogs and hiss at any they see), lunges a bit, but he hasn't really tried to bite. The other, which is a little bigger, is calmer and haven't really hissed or lunged at anything. Though right now, the most important thing to them is impressing the 1st female goose they've seen in their lives, everything else, even food, is an afterthought. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom