Garden Dried Up, Weeds Took Over, Chickens' Delight! (Pics)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Couldn't run enough water to keep the garden alive so we let it go. No rain till last night so we had a plot full of grass, clover, weeds and dead stuff. Hens in the main laying flock were let in to run wild with Isaac supervising the clean up and they were thrilled, of course. Here are some pics from today's chicken feast. Also, my 20 week old Silver Phoenix, Molly, laid her first egg today, pic also included!

DSCN2845.jpg

DSCN2837.jpg

DSCN2838.jpg

DSCN2839.jpg

DSCN2840.jpg

DSCN2841.jpg

DSCN2843.jpg

Yea, Molly!

DSCN2848.jpg

turning a bad thing into a good, bad for you but good for the chickens....... I have thrown my hands up at my garden as well, no stickin' rain!!!! and the deer ate all my corn... and the squash bugs got all the squash...... hey, there's always next year right!!!

They were having a great time, for sure! Guess the older hens in the other coop can investigate in there tomorrow.

Oh, btw, if anyone needs a really sweet, smart young rooster for their flock, check out this guy I have to rehome: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=546424

He is Isaac's son with my EE, June (she's in the 5th pic down, head to head with Ike) and is really a great youngster. I just need him out of my breeding BR flock soon before he's fertile. He's already mating the girls at 11 weeks old!

Back
Top Bottom