Geese Breed Focus - Sebastopol

I bought 6 Sebastopol eggs. 2 were not fertile but the other 4 are growing and will hatch any day! I put them in lockdown Sunday and our electricity went out, we had an unusual storm roll through! We got the generator going just for my little eggies! I've been struggling with humidity but I think I've got it stable now. BYCer Pete55 has a great tutorial. He mists them everyday until they pip internally!

Here's Lucy, my yearling Sebastopol, sitting in a nest of 7 duck eggs and two of her own eggs. She's been an amazing broody so far!

I love my sebbies. Only have white. Both smooth and curly breasted. They hatched out 10 adorable goslings. I took some of the eggs and put them in the incubator and 7 hatched and are still hatching.
[/IMG]

I love my sebbies. Only have white. Both smooth and curly breasted. They hatched out 10 adorable goslings. I took some of the eggs and put them in the incubator and 7 hatched and are still hatching.
[/IMG]

They are so cute! Will they turn white or are those grey ducklings?

They are so cute! Will they turn white or are those grey ducklings?

Sryglet, the "chicks" in picture will grow up to be beautiful pure white geese with amazing long curly feathers. These "goslings" baby's are hatchlings from our white "Sebastopol" geese.
Sebastopol geese do not fly. They sometimes run with heads high and wings outstretched and look like ballerinas.
They are said to be the friendliest of geese.

Sryglet, the "chicks" in picture will grow up to be beautiful pure white geese with amazing long curly feathers. These "goslings" baby's are hatchlings from our white "Sebastopol" geese.
Sebastopol geese do not fly. They sometimes run with heads high and wings outstretched and look like ballerinas.
They are said to be the friendliest of geese.
I don't know why I called them ducklings haha. I have a Sebastopol myself. She's incredibly sweet!

Back
Top Bottom