Geese question

farmertank

Songster
12 Years
Apr 28, 2007
Linden TN
I have 3- 2 year old Embden geese. I bought them when they were 2 months old and they have matured nicely. I have 1 female and 2 males with 1 male being the boss.

I was wondering when they lay eggs. the bossy male breeds the female and they have lots of room,so they are not over crowded. the female fills the 1 kiddie pool full of sticks and mud like she's trying to make a nest on top of the water, but she doesn't lay any eggs.

I know that they will hide their eggs but I have done eveything, but dig up their pasture and I can't find an egg. are they not old enough yet? am I impatient? I want baby geese.
fl.gif

Julie

Last edited:
Thanks Maggie I guess i'm just getting impatient. She seems to be taking her sweet time and she free ranges all day with no intrest in setting somewhere.
Julie
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
If you raise your goose from a baby and handle it alot they are not mean. Mine right now have taken over the mothering of 4-2/12 week old ducks and they hiss at me, but they would never bite the hand that feeds them. It's so cute to see these 2 great big males and 1 female Embdens mothering 1 mallard,1 rouen,and 2 pekin ducks. "sigh" At this rate I will never get my goose to lay eggs.

I love my geese they are always thinking and I don't have to worry about anything hurting my chickens or ducks because they protect everybody from dogs and other predators. I also had to convince my husband to try them, but now he loves them too.

Julie
tea.gif

Julie my goose just started sitting three days ago. So maybe yours will start any day. I had already found her nest and took some of her eggs (she had way too many). I was lucky enough to hatch 3 goslings.
Watch for her to wander away from the ganders and you should find her nest. My goose lays in the middle of the day.
Good luck on your egg hunt

Back
Top Bottom