geese vs. coons?

Yeah you do need to worry about predators climbing over fences to get them. It will happen. It's only a matter of time. They must have a predator secure safe place to sleep in at night.

I have lost adolescent & adult geese to great horned owls. Nasty things and they only take the crop & head just like 'coons. And yes I know it was owl because on multiple occasions I caught then at their fun. Nasty vicious critters keep coming back once they find a place to eat.
somad.gif

ep.gif
Yes, coons can and will eat your fullgrown geese. I sadly lost a couple geese to coons. We had them in a fenced yard within another fence, didn't know they had to have a house as I thought only dogs or coyotes where we lived were a problem.
We were woken up by our last pet goose we raised from an egg,squawking -- As we got the gun and ran outside, we saw two raccoons! They were working together ! Poor Max died the next day.... The coons climbed the fence or came down through the trees.
I am about to get new baby geese for my birthday in a couple weeks and will make sure they have a safe house for nights!!!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom