Geese

today put 2 eggs of ducks (yesterday have 2 too) and used a pencil. Some eggs of the geese was unfertilized - it was in the incubator long time, but now i see - it`s unfertilized. I don`t have enough experience now and sometimes i do a mistakes - i can`t understand - maybe the egg are fertilized, of maybe not... Only after 5-10 days i can understand correct. One goose egg was "dark", but it was in the incubator too long time. I broke the shell and see - the egg are unfertilized, there are not any goose, and smelt... haha i thinked i will die )))
Today i begin to write the dates. In another eggs of the ducks (i don`t remember yet how long they are in the incubator, maybe 3 days, maybe one week) i write "X" for understand - when the eggs width the date of today will be hatch - another eggs will be hatch early, if they will not hatch (more as 35 days, i read the duck need 28 days) i will remove it from the incubator. I used the ovoscope, the eggs are fertilized, i hope i will have a nice ducks in the next month.

I don`t know why much eggs of the geese was unfertilized - maybe because my geese are too young. I have goose-boys more that goose-girls, the eggs must be fertilized. My geese begin to put the eggs when they was 9 months old. Now (today and yesterday) i dont find any eggs of the geese, but i find 1-2 eggs of the ducks. Well, i will incubate the ducks.
Pasha, what you said about the goose egg sounds like it was fertile, but died.

Did you see your geese mating?!
Can you tell me how you incubate?!
hmm.png
Yes, i have seen that, they mating and do that now every day.
I get first eggs when we had a frost here, when i take some eggs some eggs was cold. But it no was too cold (not frozen eggs of course). I put the eggs to the incubator, the humildity was 60% (but when i open the incubator the humldity drops very quickly. I put one egg, next day another egg and after some weeks i had there 8 eggs (i have little incubator R-com king suro 20). Well after some days in 4 eggs i can see a embrion and a "web" around it. 2 eggs hatched and i get 2 goslings. Next day one egg more begin to hatch, i see a beak but after one hour the beak stop moving, this bird die. I don`t know why. Next day one another egg begin to hatch and i see a beak, but the goose don`t hatch. I waited some mitutes, the beack don`t move too much and the egg don`t hatch. I was scared and take the egg and broke the shell. There was one goose, he was weak, but after 3 days he begin to walk unsteadily, and after one day he begin to walk normal. Now he live width another geese, and they are ok.
I waited, waited, but another 4 eggs don`t hatch. When i used the ovoscope i did not seen there any embrion, and no "web" (first 10 days). After one month and some days i try to look what are there. There are nothing, only rotten egg,. and i can see very clear - the egg are unfertilized. Or maybe it was fertilized, but i don`t have any embryo development there! 4 eggs... I think - maybe the eggs was too cold before the incubation? I go to the place where lived a geese (in the winter) only 3-4 times in one day, maybe they put the egg and it too cooling down? Some eggs (4 eggs) was warm when i taked it (the goose-girl put it when i was near), but another eggs i find in the morning. I don`t know maybe it lay there on the frost (in this winter my geese lived in a cold barn). I don`t know for what - but when we had -35C the geese put the eggs! Of course in the barn was no -35C, but there was -20 C, there was a frost too. But no one egg was frozen, 4 was warm, but 4 was cold (but no frozen).

Today i looked at new eggs (ducks), and there i see - all the eggs are fertilized, i see an embrion and "web" there (like a the "web" in past 4 eggs, unfonatelly one goose is dead, he can`t hatch).

I did not cooled the geese eggs a day after 4, but they hatch (Maybe it was my mistake), BUT: egg can be in the incubator 4 days (widthout the cooling), in 5 day i must see any little embrion there, but i don`t see it. 4 fertilized eggs, 3 geese hatched, one goose died when try to hatch. 4 eggs was empty (i don`t know why). No embrion, nothing like a embrion, only rotten egg yolk (after some days in the incubator this eggs begin to be "dark". But "dark" can be rotten egg or the egg where are anybody (little goose), right??

I think when i will do next goose incubation i will take a camera for do the pictures when i use a ovoscope (i am not sure how it was work, but i try to do it). (the eggs of the ducks are fertilized - i really see an embrion there, i will not take it too much from incubator for use an ovoscope again, I'm afraid to do it once again).

Your incubating skills sound good so dont think theres any problem ,but do you open your incubator at the final 3 days?!?
And i have no humidity thing but i just make sure my watertrays are full and the temp is right

Ah, i have some problems width that - i put the eggs there only when i get it, i did not wait another eggs. Frankly that was my first incubation ( i buy my first incubator in this spring), i need a experience. I stop moving the incubator when the eggs begin to hatch. But they hatched one gosling in one day, another gosling in next day or after 2-3 days (because i put in in various days). One egg hatch, and another lay there. After hatching i take a gosling and return the incubator to the rotating platform until the time of hatching next egg. That`s uncomfortably, next time i try to put all the eggs in one day there (haha, but i don`t know when i will do that - i put the eggs of the ducks in various days agan, but now i write the date on every egg).

Some minutes ago i walked in Internet and find any forum (russian) where are the team about the goose-incubation. The people there write that the firsts eggs of the goose (very young goose-girl) can be unfertilized, and only next eggs will be fertilized. I did not check this information (unfornatelly sometimes in russian forums are very different and conflicting information, sometimes the people write any foolness, for example i meet there one one woman who write what the turkey will die if they will eat the grain (!!!). I asked she: then what will eat your turkey? She did not answered, begin to swear and write any posts about the politics (!). Sometimes we have here too much trolling in the forums. And i need to check all the information what i read).

Last edited:
vvvvvv With most incubators you shouldent open the incubator at the final 3 days :/ no idea why but thats what i heard and you should try and collect eggs and put them in the incubator at the same time , its better then a egg everyday

Pasha I have a R-com an older model. I started mine up and only put it to 20% humidity for the first 27 days. Then when my eggs pip externally then I raise the humidity up to 75% or higher by adding the water to the humidity and also by using clean wash cloths folded and wet to create as much humidity as possible for them to hatch...
Also I am hand turning 3 times daily so I could fit more eggs in the incubator. In the first 24 hours after you put the eggs in I do not start turning until the next 24 hours after setting them in the incubator..

Last edited:
hm, we shall see. Now i use 60-65% humildity and change it to 80% or higher when the eggs will hatch. I try to "believe" to the incubator automatic, maybe the eggs will hatch. Now i only "play" width very little incubator (r-com king suro 20), i need a experience. When i will get a good hatching i begin to buy big incubators and i will buy much eggs too (here in Rusia i have seen on youtube some big goose farms, the buildings there ave very old and scary, like a after any nuclear war, haha, (look the film "Terminator-2. Jugment day")
lol.png
, but there live a geese and sometimes the people here can buy much eggs for the incubation (the farm sell the eggs). My first goslings i buy last spring, in one nearest town live one woman, she tell than she have some big incubators, buy any eggs anywhere and sell after that little ducks, goslings, turkey... Sometimes she buy the eggs there too.
But the conditions of detention of geese in this video... kha-khm... I think it must be better.
hmm.png

0.jpg

Now i think about the incubators, there are R-com:

0.jpg

and some people (on russian forums) tell me about Bliz (russian incubator, bad design but low price).

Now i don`t know what i want (and don`t have enough money), the models of the incubators are very different...
0.jpg

Next time (when i put the eggs of the geese to my little incubator) i try to use a advice of Ruru, but i think to use at the begin standart settings (45% humildity, + 37.5 C) and make a high humildity when the eggs will begin to hatch (1-2 days before). I think 20% of humildity for the swimming fowl (geese) is too low humildity?

I have now only this (there are the eggs of the ducks now). It`s my little favorite toy ))) After some incubations (when i will have enough experience) i will buy any big incubator (maybe R-com, maybe any russian or ukrainian incubator, i don`t know now).
(my incubator r-com king suro 20).

Wait RuRu does the cloth folding really work! :O
Serv I take a hand wash rag is what we call them. The ones you use to wash your body with. I fold it in half and then in half again and get it wet with warm water and then put it or several in the incubator and yes it keep damp and it helps the humidity go up. You can also use new sponges. I make sure my wash rags a freshly cleaned so no bacteria in them.... This has worked for me.

Another thing I do to help increase humidity is take a small cleaned bowl and put warm water in there and put that in the incubator to also help get the humidity as high as I can...

Back
Top Bottom