Geese

Looks like they found a sand pile.
smile.png

Oh wow...Yours are beautiful!!
My wife and I live in Alaska on a lake and sort of accidentally acquired two goose eggs which hatched almost immediately after we got them.

Apparently, they are chinese geese, and we have read up on them and provided them with a fine home here with us.

They are now about 5 weeks old, and we have done everything to spoil them rotten.

We have to keep them inside, but we've made a "little goose coupe" for them just outside our back door, but we let them in the house to love and handle them every day, run a bath in the tub for them every other day, and just generally love them to death.

We have not heard that spinach is bad, so we have fed them lots of it. Lettuce, frozen green peas, and generally any good green veggies are their favorite. I haven't tried any fruit yet, but the concept of having them go crazy over a piece of watermelon is something we will try soon. Of course we keep regular waterfoul feed from our local feed store in there for them constantly as well.

I am grateful to hear about everyone else's experiences with these wonderful waterfowl....and will continue to share our experiences with these awesome birds. I've heard they can be mean and antisocial, and I hope our love for them won't be in vain as they become adults.

Thank you

Trace & Ginger
Big Lake, Alaska

Oh wow...Yours are beautiful!!
My wife and I live in Alaska on a lake and sort of accidentally acquired two goose eggs which hatched almost immediately after we got them.

Apparently, they are chinese geese, and we have read up on them and provided them with a fine home here with us.

They are now about 5 weeks old, and we have done everything to spoil them rotten.

We have to keep them inside, but we've made a "little goose coupe" for them just outside our back door, but we let them in the house to love and handle them every day, run a bath in the tub for them every other day, and just generally love them to death.

We have not heard that spinach is bad, so we have fed them lots of it. Lettuce, frozen green peas, and generally any good green veggies are their favorite. I haven't tried any fruit yet, but the concept of having them go crazy over a piece of watermelon is something we will try soon. Of course we keep regular waterfoul feed from our local feed store in there for them constantly as well.

I am grateful to hear about everyone else's experiences with these wonderful waterfowl....and will continue to share our experiences with these awesome birds. I've heard they can be mean and antisocial, and I hope our love for them won't be in vain as they become adults.

Thank you

Trace & Ginger
Big Lake, Alaska
Ah, then i would like to do any pictures! I think that will be very interesting!

Back
Top Bottom