Gender guess: 6 weeks old Australorps UPDATED: 8, 9 and 10 weeks

My cockerels where a little more yellow and a little less pink when they were 6 weeks old, but I saw other threads were pullets showed some pink at that age, so I can't tell. I'm leaning toward cockerel, but as this post has amply demonstrated, I know nothing about chick sexing šŸ˜…
I take the opportunity to post some updated pictures: I ended up kepting only this couple (chick no.1 and no.3 at the beginning of this thread). I found a good home for the other 2 cockerels. View attachment 3475691View attachment 3475690I called them Horatio and Emma. Horatio doesn't crow and when my rooster is around he keeps the tail low and chirp as a little chick <3
Y'all have way better quality Australorps over there! Better quality = slower to mature. Like fine wine. I just love your birds.

My cockerels where a little more yellow and a little less pink when they were 6 weeks old, but I saw other threads were pullets showed some pink at that age, so I can't tell. I'm leaning towards cockerel, but as this post has amply demonstrated, I know nothing about chick sexing šŸ˜…
I take the opportunity to post some updated pictures: I ended up keeping only this couple (chick no.1 and no.3 at the beginning of this thread). I found a good home for the other 2 cockerels. View attachment 3475691View attachment 3475690I called them Horatio and Emma. Horatio doesn't crow and when my rooster is around he keeps the tail low and chirp as a little chick <3
You're experience and situation is so interesting! I thought for sure you had pullets. I feel like they just shot out their cockerel feathers out of nowhere! I'm glad you got to keep one of the roosters! They def. are a pretty couple!

Lol! I'll bet you can find some nice ones too.

I've had two in the past, didn't enjoy them past a couple of months. They were always skittish, and the roosters favorites, so they'd always end up scraggly looking. Plus, after 11 years of not a single broody I'd like a chance at one, and from the looks of things the European lines don't seem very broody

But for the few months they had all their feathers, they were stunning birds. I'd just come down to the coop in the morning and there they were with their black feathers that shimmered so brightly in the morning sun. And then of course a cockerel would come and make her into a feather duster. Ugh thanks Overo, you've awoken old memories, australorps back on the long list of breeds I'd keep (again)

Six weeks update on Sprout:

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpeg
    IMG_0276.jpeg
    353.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    340.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0273.jpeg
    IMG_0273.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 17
Looks like a pullet right now. Update in 2 weeks.
@Overo Mare Hi! Here is an update of sprout at about 8 weeks. The last photos were around 5 weeks. What do you think?! Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_0367.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_0367.HEIC.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0368.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_0368.HEIC.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0369.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_0369.HEIC.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0371.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_0371.HEIC.jpeg