Gender guess: 6 weeks old Australorps UPDATED: 8, 9 and 10 weeks

I'm still shocked šŸ¤· they are so different from all the cockerels identified on this forum. Well, at least now we know šŸ™‚
Are you going to keep them all?

I'm still shocked šŸ¤· they are so different from all the cockerels identified on this forum. Well, at least now we know šŸ™‚
Tell me about it, when I saw those feathers I couldn't believe it! :barnie
Are you going to keep them all?
I would love to, but I have to do some big rearrangements because I only have 8 hens and I already have a rooster, this means 8 hens and 4 rooster! I would like to build a bachelor pad for the cockerels but I'm not sure if I can do it in good time, I live alone so it's all on me. I'll do my best and if I find someone who can adopt some of them I will consider it!

Tell me about it, when I saw those feathers I couldn't believe it! :barnie

I would love to, but I have to do some big rearrangements because I only have 8 hens and I already have a rooster, this means 8 hens and 4 rooster! I would like to build a bachelor pad for the cockerels but I'm not sure if I can do it in good time, I live alone so it's all on me. I'll do my best and if I find someone who can adopt some of them I will consider it!
That sucks šŸ˜”
I will have to do something with my white one because I can't keep roosters.
Can you keep updating this thread? It's really fascinating and i'm dying to see how they combs change šŸ˜œ

Hi everyone! This was super interesting to follow. I have a Black Australorp named Sprout. She/he is five weeks. Another thread I posted in, many were leaning cockerel at 3.5/4 week pictures because of the wattle and comb development. But it has slowed a bit. Here is Sprout at 5 weeks. Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0210.heic.jpeg
    IMG_0210.heic.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0211.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_0211.HEIC.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0212.heic.jpeg
    IMG_0212.heic.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0213.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_0213.HEIC.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi everyone! This was super interesting to follow. I have a Black Australorp named Sprout. She/he is five weeks. Another thread I posted in, many were leaning cockerel at 3.5/4 week pictures because of the wattle and comb development. But it has slowed a bit. Here is Sprout at 5 weeks. Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated!
Could go either way. Thatā€™s about what my cockerels looked like at 5 weeks though.

I think it's a boy. But wait a bit longer to be sure.

@Overo Mare I hear you're the best of the best, what's your take?

My cockerels where a little more yellow and a little less pink when they were 6 weeks old, but I saw other threads where pullets showed some pink at that age, so I can't tell. I'm leaning towards cockerel, but as this post has amply demonstrated, I know nothing about chick sexing šŸ˜…
I take the opportunity to post some updated pictures: I ended up keeping only this couple (chick no.1 and no.3 at the beginning of this thread). I found a good home for the other 2 cockerels.
P1180938.JPG
P1180935.JPG
I called them Horatio and Emma. Horatio doesn't crow and when my rooster is around he keeps the tail low and chirp as a little chick <3

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom