German New Hampshire

I agree with gjensen and will try it out in this post. I have located a lady that bought two New Hampshire hens that came directly from Good Sheppard Farms. She is using a good quality NH male on these females. I am going to look into getting some chicks from her to use in my program . Does that sound better????

Scott

I do not post here much, because of poor English, but this time I am quite, because I can not overcome the nice color Walt's hens have.
smile.png

Last edited:
Well my test batch of F2 generation NH eggs are developing well.
Hatch day should be @ 2/21.
I have 6 total plus a black sex link (F1 NH cock over GSBR hen).
I will update with photos once they are hatched and in brooder. Hoping they hatch like popcorn like the F1's did.
big_smile.png

I am getting 2 F1 NH 7 month old pullets from Jeremy Woepple (XW Poultry) shipped from Nebraska this week. I will post photos of them as well. Hope they have safe travels to me here in AZ. I'm thinking they will enjoy the winter here more than in Nebraska at least....but will be rethinking by June. LOL
wink.png

I do not post here much, because of poor English, but this time I am quite, because I can not overcome the nice color Walt's hens have.:)

Hello Ve,

Your posts are very nice, and sincere; hopefully continue to communicate in your own unique fashion,which is delightful. One certainly does not need PHD., in English, to post on this, or on any other forms..

Yes! Walt's birds are stunning in colour..and am in awe as much as you are..

Lual

Hello Ve,

Your posts are very nice, and sincere; hopefully continue to communicate in your own unique fashion,which is delightful. One certainly does not need PHD., in English, to post on this, or on any other forms..

Yes! Walt's birds are stunning in colour..and am in awe as much as you are..

Lual

Thanks to Kathy Bonham in MO for doing all the ground work on my birds. Kathy is the breeder who produced one of the best NH males in recent times. I saw the bird at her place before she sent it off and it was an easy bird to pick out of a group. I am very happy with the females I am getting and the males look good too.

Thanks for the kind words Lual.

Walt

Yesterday I moved my five one month old F-2's out to the barn. A couple things I have noticed about these chicks are they have bright yellow legs( there parents do not) and they feathered out faster. Jeff said I could send him the pictures so he can post here. I am going to wait until I get that ckl from Jeremy before I send pictures to him.

Scott

Yesterday I moved my five one month old F-2's out to the barn. A couple things I have noticed about these chicks are they have bright yellow legs( there parents do not) and they feathered out faster. Jeff said I could send him the pictures so he can post here. I am going to wait until I get that ckl from Jeremy before I send pictures to him.

Scott
My batch of F1's from Jwhip had nice yellow legs and feathered really fast too...most all the males showed themselves by 2 weeks as a bonus...hope these will do the same. Looking forward to seeing your F2's and your new male from Jwhip.
smile.png

Thanks to Kathy Bonham in MO for doing all the ground work on my birds. Kathy is the breeder who produced one of the best NH males in recent times. I saw the bird at her place before she sent it off and it was an easy bird to pick out of a group. I am very happy with the females I am getting and the males look good too.

Thanks for the kind words Lual.

Walt
Walt, do you have some of that male's offspring? Jwhip got that male and he sired all my F1's...I am sure am glad that Kathy bred and sent that male to Jeremy...he's a real dandy. Never get tired of looking at him even in just a photo.
wink.png

Here he is at XW Poultry/Jeremy's

Here is one of his F1 chicks at 2 days old.

Back
Top Bottom