German New Hampshire

Walt- congrats on the prize wins those "orange chickens" are doing us all proud

Cindy great to see your xperiment having good results

Scott glad to see yours too I see you figured it out, huh i never got anything off your profile other than the psychedelic image you already had posted on there. maybe my 'puter needs a fixin' IDK

Anyhow nice pics glad to see some of your orange chickens too,
smile.png

Jeff

I must have gone crazy or something!!!! I am headed to Kanas Sunday to pick up some NH chicks. These chicks are from a Germain/American male over Good Sheppard females. They are about 8 weeks old. That is about a 4 hour drive one way. By getting these I will have two family's with Good Sheppard back ground. From what I see about breeding that is a good thing or am I wrong about that?

Scott

I must have gone crazy or something!!!! I am headed to Kanas Sunday to pick up some NH chicks. These chicks are from a Germain/American male over Good Sheppard females. They are about 8 weeks old. That is about a 4 hour drive one way. By getting these I will have two family's with Good Sheppard back ground. From what I see about breeding that is a good thing or am I wrong about that?

Scott

I don't know. I will tell you this though.....
I ordered chicks from Frank - months ago. I went to pick them up. I let them grow out for several weeks and then discovered I had mutts. I had sex links. I paid for Barred Rocks and New Hampshires.... I got neither. I had 100% sex links. I gave all of them away. Every single one. I am not bringing sex links in to my breeder pens. He said I could come there again to replace them or he would refund my money. He never has refunded me, and the last messages I sent - he ignored. This happened to others, as well. I was not the only victim.

NO..... I will not use Frank's birds. I like what I have and I am sticking with them.

Last edited:
Sorry you had that trouble from Frank. I am not going to Franks. This lady bought two NH hens from him and raised these chicks from them.

I ordered chicks from Frank - months ago. I went to pick them up. I let them grow out for several weeks and then discovered I had mutts. I had sex links. I paid for Barred Rocks and New Hampshires.... I got neither. I had 100% sex links. I gave all of them away. Every single one. I am not bringing sex links in to my breeder pens. He said I could come there again to replace them or he would refund my money. He never has refunded me, and the last messages I sent - he ignored. This happened to others, as well. I was not the only victim.

NO..... I will not use Frank's birds. I like what I have and I am sticking with them.

I'm considering ordering NH's from Paul Harter, believing these were crossed with BR's for the Delaware. How are his birds? He also has BR's which I may order some of too, since I've lost my only roo. Any advice you'd like to offer?

I ordered chicks from Frank - months ago. I went to pick them up. I let them grow out for several weeks and then discovered I had mutts. I had sex links. I paid for Barred Rocks and New Hampshires.... I got neither. I had 100% sex links.  I gave all of them away. Every single one. I am not bringing sex links in to my breeder pens. He said I could come there again to replace them or he would refund my money. He never has refunded me, and the last messages I sent - he ignored.  This happened to others, as well. I was not the only victim.

NO..... I will not use Frank's birds.  I like what I have and I am sticking with them.

you have some of the best New Hampshire's I have seen, you don't need anything else.

Walt

Quote:
Paul has my New Hampshires. I don't know if he bred them with the ones he had, or just kept mine, or what. It was 3 or 4 years ago. We traded - He gave me Delawares and I gave him New Hampshires. We met half way. He is a very nice guy. I like him alot.

I did not know he had Barred Rocks. I don't have an extra Barred Rock, or I would send you one. I have no eggs either, as they are all molting.

Back
Top Bottom