German New Hampshire

I think I have a hen trying to go broody. Is that something I could expect with this line? Are they known to set?? I could use the help, I'm going to have to get another turner as it is. .....stan

I have not had one of mine go broody yet. I am thinking I have had mine for three years now.

Scott

I didn't think it was a common trait. I sure so hate to take a chance this early on the season....
Stan, I had a couple pretenders, but never had a complete commitment.

I would not be surprised if one would commit, but I would get the hatching you want done first. Then test.

I had been hoping for a broody, but did not get it, until I got a Mediterranean breed LOL.

I think I have a hen trying to go broody. Is that something I could expect with this line? Are they known to set?? I could use the help, I'm going to have to get another turner as it is. .....stan
Of the six pullets I kept from the batch Kathy sent me, one went broody at just over a year old and was a very good mother to her clutch. None of the others showed any signs of wanting to go broody.

My Reserve Champ. American cockerel, Pacific Poultry Breeders Assoc. winter show in Stockton on Jan 26, 2014. It was a wonderful time with many (2,500+) good looking birds. Thanks to all that made this show possible. Better pics to follow later when I get the time to take them.

I have been MIA for a while....... been very busy. Thanks for kicking my butt at this show Mike......lol
It's good to see where I need improvement.....hopefully I will be able to make those improvements.

BTW:these birds look better in person.

Good job!!

Walt

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom