Votes: 2 100.0%
  • finding rooster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pokey11

Chirping
12 Years
Aug 24, 2007
I had a fire and it killed the 9 chickens I had in the house. Working on a new house now. I can get most of what I lost except for Leghorns. No one is carrying them! I also need a rooster. Most of the on line producers want no less than 10. I want several breads so I do not need more than the two leghorns. I am in Prescott Arizona. I used to use this site all the time when I lived in Nevada, and always found help and advice here.

You can choose what you want now, and then schedule your delivery for when you are ready for them. By that I mean, select the breeds you are interested in, make out your order, pay for them, and they'll be shipped at the date you specify in your order - IF those breeds all hatch at the same time. They usually do, but the choicest breeds sell out fast. Usually by mid-January at most hatcheries selections are already getting limited. Good luck!

And I'm so sorry to hear about the fire. I imagine you are pretty fire-spooked after going through that! Here's a way to raise chicks that minimizes that risk tremendously and does a great service to the chicks by raising them as close to the way a Mama Hen does as is humanly possible! I hope this chick season and your experience is everything you want it to be!
http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/956958/mama-heating-pad-in-the-brooder-picture-heavy-update

Hello and welcome to BYC!! It’s so nice to have you join us. welcome.gif
Happy-New-Year-High-Quality-clipart.png Wishing you the very best for 2018!!

This video may help with learning how to navigate this site.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. :)

Back
Top Bottom